• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celiac Disease Genetics

xchocoholic

Great info. Thanks. I'm a dq2 but that's all I know. I requested the test because I'd been gf for
17 months prior to being biopsied for celiac disease so it was considered inconclusive despite showing
damage.

For up to date info on anything gluten related I'd recommend googling theglutenfile. Cara created this
several years ago and keeps adding to it.

Tc . X

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I was tested not celiac despite symptoms which turned out to be a proven wheat allergy (via pin prick test) and also IgA/E in blood. I found that if I took zinc the wheat allergy symptoms (sudden depression and joint pain) went away. My theory (which is why I tried zinc) is that I had leaky gut -- the pores through which food is absorbed were too big due to zinc shortage due to I keep using zinc up trying to make new mucous membranes due to my allergies. If you do not have enough zinc your body makes skin with larger pores (which beats not making skin at all). I now find I need 75mg zinc per day during allergy season (I have horrific allergies, not sure how much someone else would need), but much less otherwise (I always have some level of allergy due to pet hair etc, so far I am taking 30 mg zinc on a daily basis but maybe could use less...but no less than 15 for sure because I was developing new allergies I never had before on 15mg/day).