1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Celiac Disease Genetics

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by merylg, Aug 7, 2012.

1. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Great info. Thanks. I'm a dq2 but that's all I know. I requested the test because I'd been gf for
    17 months prior to being biopsied for celiac disease so it was considered inconclusive despite showing
    damage.

For up to date info on anything gluten related I'd recommend googling theglutenfile. Cara created this
    several years ago and keeps adding to it.

Tc . X

merylg likes this.
  3. triffid113

triffid113 Day of the Square Peg

Michigan
    I was tested not celiac despite symptoms which turned out to be a proven wheat allergy (via pin prick test) and also IgA/E in blood. I found that if I took zinc the wheat allergy symptoms (sudden depression and joint pain) went away. My theory (which is why I tried zinc) is that I had leaky gut -- the pores through which food is absorbed were too big due to zinc shortage due to I keep using zinc up trying to make new mucous membranes due to my allergies. If you do not have enough zinc your body makes skin with larger pores (which beats not making skin at all). I now find I need 75mg zinc per day during allergy season (I have horrific allergies, not sure how much someone else would need), but much less otherwise (I always have some level of allergy due to pet hair etc, so far I am taking 30 mg zinc on a daily basis but maybe could use less...but no less than 15 for sure because I was developing new allergies I never had before on 15mg/day).

See more popular forum discussions.