1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Celiac Disease and Gluten: Facts, Fiction & Controversies

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by xchocoholic, Feb 13, 2011.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    http://www.ucsd.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=19658

This might help you understand how gluten can affect other parts of the body and not cause celiac disease. It's over an hour but well worth it.

One thing they don't touch on here is that many celiacs don't just majically heal up after removing the gluten from their diet. Gluten can cause damage to many parts of the body, including the liver, pancreas, brain, etc and yet when most celiacs are diagnosed their doctors don't look for this.

Not only that, from what I've seen most celiacs aren't tested for nutritional deficiencies EVEN though celiac disease causes malnutrition ...

I could go on ... :(

Bottom line, IMHO, if you're diagnosed with ME/CFS or any other chronic illness, you need to be tested for gluten intolerance ...

Let's not forget those other food intolerances either though. Leaky gut can cause anyone to have food intolerances. That's a whole other topic though ... tc ... x

See more popular forum discussions.