• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Celebrity Auction to support ME/CFS

LaurelB

Celebrity Auction Set to support ME/CFS Research

Not sure if this has already been posted (I couldn't find it) but thought I'd pass along......

Cut and pasted from WAMCARE's FB Bulletin

Worldwide Association for ME/CFS Awareness and Research (WAMCARE) Bulletin
Posted by Laura Dunks

The time has come to begin WAMCAREs auction of celebrity signed photos and memorabilia. I will make a post in a short while, letting you all know which items will be the first to be auctioned. All items will be auctioned on EBAY a few at a time, and posted with good quality packaging from the UK to wherever you live, postage rates will depend on where you are located, and the nature of the item. All profits will go straight to top quality research into ME/CFS.

At the moment, our website is full and yet we still have many more quality items to auction. Therefore stay tuned for updates which will be added over the next few weeks, including a cast poster of popular Australian soap Home and Away signed by most of the cast, kindly arranged for us by actress Esther Anderson who has been very supportive to the cause.

Items we have at the moment can be found on the auction page of our website, here: http://www.wamcare.org/auction.html you can also find out more about ME/CFS here and why research is essential.

Items include:
DVDs for part 1 and part 2 of Merlin Season One signed by the 4 main cast members.
A top worn by Vicky Entwhistle in Coronation Street.
A CD album signed by Katie Melua and 2 by Canadian country singer Aaron Pritchett (the latter yet to be added to the website.)
Photos signed by bands and singers, tv presenters, actors, celebrity chefs and sports stars amongst others. Including: Jude Law, Helen Mirren, Matt Lucas and David Walliams from Little Britain, Sir Ian McKellan, Susan Sarandon, Keira Knightley, Stephen Fry, Daniel Craig, Sara Ramirez, Dame Judi Dench, David Tennant and many more on our website, and others yet to be included.
Cast signed and non-signed cast fan cards from cast members of the soaps EastEnders and Neighbours.
Poster signed by Home and Away cast, yet to be added to our website.

Most items are hand signed, although there are a few autopens and pre-prints, which are indicated as such. Quality of photos varies from HQ pictures, to computer prints of various qualities. Quality of all items will be indicated on EBAY as well as on our website, included any damage which has occurred during transport from the celebrity to us. Photos are provided on our website, and higher quality photos will be used on EBAY. Letters from the agents have been included on the website if they were present.

We at WAMCARE wish to express our gratitude to all the celebrities and their agencies that have contributed to this charity fundraising auction. We have received personal, encouraging letters of support from many wonderful people, which will soon be available for viewing in the supporters section of our website. We are moved and grateful that these busy celebs and their agents took the time to write to us and send us such terrific items. We would like to thank them on behalf of the millions of people affected by ME/CFS worldwide for helping make possible WAMCARE's continuing mission to improve the lives of everyone affected by this devastating illness.

Thank you for all your support! Please spread the word about our auction, so that we can raise as much money as possible for ME/CFS research!

Laura Dunks President and fundraising
Michelle Martin Vice President, merchandise, website and newsletter editor.