• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDSA RESULTS

joshi81

Hi everybody i would apreciate if someone more expert than me could give me his opinion about my CDSA test result:

DIGESTION:
CHYMOTRIPSIN 6.8 (0.9-26.8)
PUTREFACTIVE SCFA 2.3 (1.3-8.6)

METABOLIC MARKERS
BENEFICIAL SCFA 46.9 (>13.6)
n-Butyrate 2.6 (>2.5)
Beta Glucuronidase 344 (337-4,433)
PH 5.5 (6.1-.9)

SCFA DISTRIBUTION
ACETATE % 60.7 (44.5-72.4)
PROPIONATE% 33.7 (< 32)
N-BUTIRATE % 5.5 (10.8-33.5)

LACTOFERRINE: NEGATIVE

ABSORPTION
triglycerides 1.5 (0.2-3.3)
long chain fatty acids 2.7 (1.3-23.7)
cholesterol 2.8 (0.2-3.5)
Phospholipids 0.4 (0.2-8.8)
fecal fat (total) 7.4 (2.6-32.4)

BACTERIOLOGY (the ideal would be 4+ for each one)
beneficial bacteria:
Lactobacillus specie 1+
Escherichia coli No growth
Bifidobacterium 3+

MICOLOGY: No growth

PARASITOLOGY: No ova or parasite seen
YEAST: MANY

The thing is: in your opinion why feces are acidic? my tendency is to have soft and acidic smelling feces (not always but that's my tendency), ancd waht means the results of % of butirate and acetate?
Thank you

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Interesting. Many CFSers are found to have low E coli. @5ummer found great improvement after supplementing with live E.Coli probiotic. A competent doc prescribed it after seeing the lack of E.Coli in a test. Also you seem to have candida and low lactibacilli I would get these adressed. After supplementing with FOS my stools are hard and well formed, actually now I am mildly constipated.

Lemon juice is alkalizing, and so are so many things. I would work on this if I were you, there are tons of info in making your body alkaline in the net.

For butyric acid I found this back in the day, looks good, I haven´t tried it though: http://www.iherb.com/Nutricology-Bu...disc=0&lc=en-US&w=butyrate&rc=42&sr=null&ic=2

Last edited:

joshi81

thanks beyond for your reply...for the alcalinity i don't think that the acidity of my stool depends on the acid forming food i eat infact the more i eat vegetables and fruit and the more my stools are acidic insted if i eat meat and rice they are better.. usually

joshi81

i post my result ... anyone????

Attachments

• 1475973.jpg
    1475973.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1475974.jpg
    1475974.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 10

helen1

An acidic gut is a good thing. You want that. Yeast thrives in an alkaline medium, so does h.pylori (ulcers). So having acidic feces is good. But you still have a yeast overgrowth, maybe from antibiotics or a poor diet. Are you doing anything yet about your yeast? Rich V and others have suggested Candex for that. Most people say you need to be on an anti yeast diet as well and to take probiotics. Beware though that candex and probiotics will probably cause die off symptoms.

Your bifidobacteria is looking good. Yogurt or kefir or fermented vegetables should increase your lactobacilli. Can you tolerate dairy? The easiest dairy for humans to tolerate is goat. Although I think dairy is not allowed on the antiyeast diets.

% butyrate means what % of your short chain fatty acids are butyrates. Most natural way to increase those is with butter (from grass-fed animals) . I wouldn't recommend the nutricology brand called ButyrAid, as it has a proposition 65 warning on it. I think I recall it was contaminated with lead.

What are you taking for phospholipids? any lecithin? The only non GMO brand I could find is NOW brand, with 540 mg phosphotadyl choline.

All the best to you Josh.

joshi81

hi helen thank you for repling...well acidic stool they told me is not good infact is out of the range, at the moment (but after the CDSA) i'm just taking bravo probiotic and anything else.

caledonia

I suggest taking a look at the 4R gut rebuilding program document, which is linked in my signature below this post. In that document is link to the Metametrix GI Effects Interpretation. You can use that to interpret your results and there are also lists of herbs which are effective against candida.

helen1

Odd about the pH of the stool. Mine was highly alkaline and I was told and my research confirms it, that that is unhealthy. I think the ideal is to be in the middle, not too acidic not too alkaline.