Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CDC still looks like it plans to eliminate the $5.4 million annual budget for CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

This PDF came up in a Google scholar subscription I have for "chronic fatigue syndrome". I'm not 100% sure when the file was created but the updates I get are daily.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Valentijn and JohnM like this.
  2. viggster

viggster Senior Member

The document you posted is from May, when the president released his budget wish list.
    https://www.cdc.gov/budget/fy2018/congressional-justification.html

The cuts were reinstated by the Senate committee that handles CDC. http://solvecfs.org/updates-from-the-mecfs-fight-in-washington-dc/

The govt is operating on a continuing resolution, which means everyone gets the same money as last year. When Congress does pass a spending bill for the fiscal year that just started, it should include the $5.4 million for CDC because it's in the spending bill as of now.

3. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    I read this as "The F*** YOU 2018 budget request ..."

It's that time between getting up and eating something ...

Groggy Doggy, mango, Solstice and 4 others like this.
  4. AndyPR

AndyPR RIP PR :'(

@Dolphin , just an FYI, assuming you are using Adobe Reader to view that, or any other, PDF, if you go File>Properties, then you will be able to see when the document was created (19/05/2017) and last modified (25/05/2017).

Groggy Doggy, Dolphin and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.