• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC lost the rest of its Credibility with the American public - GONE!

Frickly

Muffin

Thanks for providing all the info on the flu "epidemic". I don't trust the CDC and think they have done many things that are criminal. Look what they did with autism. It seems that their major objective is to cover their a$$, not protect the public.

Frickly

Judderwocky, If you have not already done so, you might create a new thread for your petition under the action and advocacy section. I think it will be seen by more people.

If you're angry with the CDC.... sign the petition i made :)

sorry if you already saw me pluggin it... just trying to get it out to people. :)

muffin

I don't know Tina. I too never got "sick" for the first 10 or so years of CFIDS. My internist said that was par for the course and the my immune system was so upregulated that I wouldn't get sick. In the last 6 or so years I have been sick almost non-stop with every virus, bacterial infection, skin infections (raging infections from a hangnail! and a tiny dot of a cat bite and almost lost my right hand save for the fact that the hand surgeon opend it up/cleaned it out and put me on two antibiotics for 2 weeks) and new diseases (including arthritis from psorisis). I have assumed that I finally burned out my immune system and that's why I have been so damn sick so often and with the littlests of things to set it off. That's just not good. If the immune system is burned out then that would open us up to the big diseases like the lymphomas, leukemias, etc. But I don't know.
I am aware that the demographics for Swine Flu was what gave everyone a scare, but look at the real numbers for children who got sick/died compared to the seasonal viruses.
Again, I believe that the CDC has hyped Swine Flu as they have hyped all the rest of the other viruses that went nowhere. Yet they miss the one real virus that has been disabling for life and killing in large numbers. See my drift?