• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CCSVI for MS

Boule de feu

I remember when this story came out. The Canadian association did not want to rush looking into it and many angry patients decided to leave Canada to get it done. Unfortunately, it did not work for many. Symptoms returned after a while.
This is an article that summarizes well what Canadian doctors had to say at the time. Anyway, this is the explanation that was given in the media.

http://www.cbc.ca/whitecoat/blog/2011/04/15/ms-zamboni-here-we-go-again/

The comments are interesting.

In 1996, I received a diagnosis of "probable MS" but in 2006, my GP changed the diagnosis to ME since they could not find anything wrong with my brain.

I wonder if this method would work for atypical MS and how many went through the procedure knowing they did not have a firm diagnosis like me.