1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CCFS Advisory Committee Meeting - Will be Webcast Live

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Summer, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    he's dyslexic

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Sorry I misread that listening to the CFSAC meeting - doh! (thought you said what does it stand for)

3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Wonderful Cort! Thank you so much for speaking for Dr. Lapp. (YOU LOOK GREAT ON TV!!!)

4. rebecca1995

rebecca1995 Apple, anyone?

Northeastern US
    You go!

Great job, Cort!

5. markmc2000

markmc2000 Guest

well delivered cort

Very powerful and clearly communicated Cort. First class, thank you very much for taking initiative.

Mark

6. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Cort

Way to go!

7. anne

anne Guest

I missed CORT?

8. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    I missed everything, being on NZ time...
    Does anyone know if I can watch it anywhere?

9. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    That was awesome! I've been glued to the screen all day. She said there were 400 viewers online. Should have been much more IMHO. Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow. Way to go Cort & others.

10. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Marylib, the meeting just ended for the day and will resume tomorrow 9:00am EST.

anne, yes you missed Cort - looking fabulous and speaking on behalf of Dr. Lapp

11. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    That was brilliant. Even my husband watched it with me all day. We did a lot of crying at the personal testimonies and also when listening to Dr. Bell. Then Cort came on and there was I, jumping up and down in my seat yelling "That's OUR Cort."

Good job, Cort.

12. Carla-nl

Carla-nl Veteran by now

Europe
    crap

crap... my video link broke just as Cort came on :) Audio was still tere tho.

Mr. Oleske has some more issues than dyslectia me thinks.

Anyway, watching the bold statements that were made gave me faith. Let's hope someone finally wakes up !

13. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Does anyone know how many people were in attendence? Also, I missed Dr. Bell. Anyone willing to give me the highlights of his talk?

14. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Love this quote from the wall of WPI's facebook page:

"That's one small step for XAND. One giant leap for XANDKIND."

15. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

For everyone who missed Cort (and the rest of the meeting)...this event will be available for on-demand viewing in the Past Events archive as soon as possible, usually within a few days.

Frickly, Dr. Bell talked on Factitious Disorder and CFS in Adolescents. His PPT was posted on the agenda page for the meeting (scroll to 3:30).

But...the better part (IMO) of his talk was the Q&A after his PPT. Take home message: childhood sexual trauma does not cause CFS!!!!

16. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Levi ... Who are we suing? :)

17. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Klimas comment

And one of the best comments of the day from Nancy Klimas: "Doctors are causing post traumatic stress disorder".

18. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Ohhhh I missed Cort and I missed Nancy saying that! (Instead I had to go educate my family dr about XMRV ;) )Will watch it as soon as it comes out

Essentially what I retain is many people have scolded the CDC but especially the CFS program for their non-existent support and also the crimes they have committed.

19. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

A Senior Moment

I just noticed that some time today - in making comments on the meeting - I had a senior moment. That is, I was promoted to "senior member" here (more than 100 posts). How'd that happen so fast??

20. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Andrea Whittemore just posted her take

From the WPI Facebook Wall

"Okay so here we go. At first social security guy talked , then Dr. P then Wanda happened , then Annette, then Dr. P, then John CoffinPHD, then xmrv stuff funding that sort of thing, then lunch , vomittee (very funny typo Andrea!!) meeting , personal stories that were heart wrenching , then people hitting hard on DHHS and CDC, then Dr. Bell more ...heartwrenchkng pediatric stories , then more private stories of families devestated by ME/CFS! Wow best meeting Ive ever seen . And I've been to A lot !!! Sat through 48 hours once . Had no clue yiu could pick and choose .

The news about twins , fibromyalgia , autism, CFS was the most compelling data that XMRV very seriously needs to be looked at. Do not donate blood and the head of blood supply is coming to tomooroe's meeting . This doesn't even tap the iceberg that just hit Washington , DC. !!!
    it's a whole new day tomoorow . And I thnk for all of it's a whole new world of research possibilities for ME/CFS:)"

"This is what people missed emotionally: boredom, shock, anger , frustration , misery , sadness, disbelief , enlightenment, happiness, joy and all over again for 8 hours!"

See more popular forum discussions.