1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CBT and GET The patients have their say

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Gerwyn, Apr 2, 2010.

1. alphahusky

alphahusky

They are the experts on gravity! I'm sure you'll be cured in no time. ;)

2. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
  3. flex

flex *****

London area
    I would like to simplify all this with a Spanish magazine article that summarises the data...please be aware the article doesn't exist, I just may have dreamed that I read it and the Spanish is Anglo/Spanish

CBT ....... Stupido et shitso
    GET......... bago of wanko

Pacing...... commono fuckin sensio
    Resting...... Si

gracious!!

All of the above can be translated into any language upon request.

Flexio.

4. Orla

Orla Senior Member

Thank you for writing about your experience. I think in at least some cases, with some therapists, that CBT could be very very superficial and be sort of llike "Just put on your happy face and everything will be fine".

Another thing which I would worry about, which I mentioned in a post before is this (and this could happen to some extent even with a CBT therapist who did not adopt the usual CBT School/Psychiatric thoughts on ME/CFS):

Oh God, if only these people had any idea what this was like.

Love it, excellent reply.

Orla

5. Orla

Orla Senior Member

From the Independent (UK Newspaper) 20th February 2010. I have put the best bit in bold. (For those outside the UK, CBT is the latest fad tool to be foisted on the population in general by the government.)

See more popular forum discussions.