• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBS Mutation ( sulfur problems very interesting!!)

kel88

Hi all!

Im from the Netherlands so for me its difficult to read al medicall papers in Englisch!

I did find a very interesting link with information about sulfer for people with autism but also people like us with CBS mutation

Im homo CBS A360A and react so much on sulfur food.
I thought i was react on producte with B6 in it... But now it looks like its because of the sulfur and ammonia.
I read that ammonia and sulfur use the same enzym/pathway! So when ammonia is high you are not abel to use/cut sulfur.

What can we do about it? Use high dose molybdenum ( wich form? And with every meal YUCCA?) yucca also reduce bad bacteria in the gut it seems...right..?

Can anyone explain me in simple lanquage what this al means in the link? They explain what happend with sulfur problems thats what i understand but whats can we do about it?! A low sulfur dieet is almost not possible for me because i also have much allergie, lactose intolerant, fructose intolerant so i cant eat that much . I had also pregnancy diabetic so i woukd get type 2 defenitly when i become older...

Can anybody help us out?

Thanks so much :)

http://newtreatments.org/ga.php?linkid=252

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Per my NP I use molybdenum. She had me take it for a few months before I started methylation. She said anywhere between 200-500 mcg although some here think that is too high. I settled on 300 and now take 250 mcg which is in a trace mineral I take. She did not have me change my diet.

kel88

Minkeygirl did you had any symptoms from sulfur? And are you testing youre urine?
I read that you can take 1000mg. Im going to try 500 and go on to 1000 mg.
But she menthiont another supplements but i dont understand what to take more and what to do more... Do you understand it?? She also talks about histidine do whe have to take that or not?? First i thougt yes but later she talks about the converting to taurine thats why i dont understand it... Maybe someone can?? :)

caledonia

I did the long version described on the Heartfixer page. It took me 3 months. That's a pretty long time.

So my suggestion would to try Ben Lynch's quickie CBS treatment first, for one week. He doesn't call it CBS treatment, but that's basically what it is. If you're having trouble with sulfur...

http://mthfr.net/preventing-methylfolate-side-effects/2014/11/26/

This is the CBS/sulfur treatment part

If you feel worse, then stop taking it. You may need to open up your sulfite pathway with vitamin B1 (Thiamin) and molybdenum first. If you know you do not tolerate sulfites – wine, dried fruits – or sulfur-containing foods like eggs, cruciferous vegetables or your flatulence smells like sulfur, then you should also support sulfite pathway first with B1 and molybdenum before you take glutathione. Avoiding sulfur-containing foods and supplements for a few days is also recommended to help clear out the sulfite pathway. Keyword there is ‘a few days’ – not a few months or forever. Introduce them back slowly – but first introduce glutathione.

There was one person on here who tried this and it did seem to help. You can also check sulfate levels with urine sulfate strips.

I do take about 25mcg per day of molybdenum for maintenance of that pathway.

kel88

Thanks critterina! I will try moly and my multi contains B1 so that would be good :)

But to avoid sulfur food would be hard! What are you eating on youre broth? How does youre meal over the day look like?
I also read when you dont eat sulfur but the body does need it it takes it out of youre muscles it that correct?