The Call for Opposition: Challenging the P2P and IOM Processes
In our second article on how to react to the publication of the draft P2P report, Gabby Klein provides her view of why she and a large group of advocates and patients are continuing their protest of the government’s ongoing control and manipulation of our disease via their processes...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CBS C699T +/- and p5p

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by pmn, Sep 23, 2013.

1. pmn

pmn

I am +/- for CBS C699T, and everything I have read says to avoid B6, but on the heartfixer website they say P5P form of B6 wont be as much of a problem. I have also read on this forum (annoyingly cant find it now) someone actually recommending P5P form of B6 for CBS folk - saying its actually beneficial. Is this correct? Can anyone provide some evidence or further reading saying P5P is good for CBS + people.

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    don't have any evidence but for my own experience. The addition of P5P has been a boon for me. I'd taken B6 for years...and finally discovered that this was close, but useless. Adding P5P a year ago, increasing until I had some significant, tho fragmentary, dream recall (3 caps Nutricology P5P). Have you checked for pyroluria, which needs P5P? Here's a questionairre worth taking. That's how I self-diagnosed and treated, finally, once of the underlying components of my condition. Also, doc re pyroluria. Best wishes, ahmo

http://www.hputest.nl/evraag.htm
    http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/hpu 2009.pdf HPU doc.

Valentijn and pmn like this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

MODS: something wrong w/ Edit function. The box initially shows my post, then goes blank, w/o ability to edit.

4. pmn

pmn

Thanks for the reply, I have been tested for pyroluria about 5 years ago, and came back ok. The only supplements I take at the minute are thorne basic nutrients v and thorne methyl guard plus. I don't really feel any better but if I don't take them I do feel rougher. I am currently fighting h pylori, yeast and the subsequent deficiencies and imbalances those cause. I was hoping methylation supports may help beat them infections but I don't think they are doing much at all, maybe they will if I can get the gut in better shape. I still cant find the original post saying p5p was a good idea for CBS people but I'll keep looking. I also have MTFHR +- and those and the CBS +- seem a bit of a pig of a combination.

5. pmn

pmn

6. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    The confusion arises because some people think that +/+ (upregulation) is extreme and harmful, based on lopping off half of the entire gene in a bioengineered lab yeast. However all research into human beings shows that +/+ is mild and beneficial.

-/- is a slower version, and has a risk of mildly elevated homocysteine attached to it, and increased risk of homocysteine-associated disease. B6 is used to treat more extreme slow-downs of the gene, hence might also help with the milder downregulations.

7. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

pmn, I'm currently detoxxing metals and SIBO, probably candida. I don't think that methylation alone will overcome these issues. I'm using GAPS diet + modified, gentle, detox additions. It's a long process. And I've found that in what's currently an acute detox response, I'm needing massive amounts of K+ andMg, as well as > Se, GABA, glycine. At least I'm finally aware enough that I can self-test and add these supps. For the prior 8 years I had way too little understanding of how much of my symptoms were K+ deficiency. Hope you get the support you need soon. cheers, ahmo

See more popular forum discussions.