Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CBS and low sulphur diet

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by mevert, Nov 21, 2014.

1. mevert

mevert

Hi all,
    I just got some test results back indicating my sulphur level was high normal (1150). Which surprises me cuz I'm only CBS+\-. So I'm on a low thiol diet but I'm not able to cut my protein down because of gut issues ( on the SCD diet). Is it possible to keep my ammonia down just be lowering my thiols? Don't really have much of a choice, but hoping this will work as I can't seem to tolerate any B12 or folate right now and I was hoping that once I got this sulfate down I might be able to tolerate them. Thanks, Shelley

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Try molybdenum. That's what my NP had me take.

Also Yucca removes ammonia although I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  3. mevert

mevert

Thanks for your suggestions!

4. AkeBono

AkeBono

when taking moly i noticed that more than 150 mcg per day are not ok for me. maybe try and test. moly also get cooper out and made me bit jittery :).

5. mevert

mevert

Thanks for the heads up!

6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I had no problem with the molybdenum. My doc said anywhere from 200-500 mcg. I settled on 300 in case there were issues with a higher amount. She did not have me change my diet.

7. mevert

mevert

So you were able to lower your sulphate levels with molybdenum alone, without a low thiol diet?! Or did the molybdenum only bring down the ammonia?

See more popular forum discussions.