• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD oil dosages

Horizon

If you take CBD oil, what dose do you take and what symptoms have you felt it helps with?

Cheesus

Why do you use it as a suppository, @erin? I was under the impression that CBD can be efficiently absorbed orally.

erin

Why do you use it as a suppository, @erin? I was under the impression that CBD can be efficiently absorbed orally.

It is absorbed much quicker in the intestines, by not going through digestive system and liver. It takes 15 minutes, also without filtration through liver more of it absorbed. And most importantly inflammation of the rectum calms down directly and the pain there is eased within minutes.

I have tried orally as well. The raw oil is good but it sometimes repeats and leaves unpleasant taste. It takes much longer to effect, 45 minute-ish? I still sometimes do this, rub it to my gums if I have jaw pain. Recently I don't have much jaw pain, which is great.

*GG*

If you take CBD oil, what dose do you take and what symptoms have you felt it helps with?

Interest in following this, Perhaps you should expand upon the the Title and Add: "and what symptoms has it helped?"

Adding to the title might bring the thread more attention, from Forum members and the Internet at large, this is growing treatment people are considering!

GG

erin

Wow, that is a far higher dose than I have experienced. I take 3mg a day, from the other end of the alimentary canal.
Have you ever tried a lower dose? And if so, were the benefits similar?

I sleep much better and I've seen improvement with neurological symptoms.

Suppositories are 50 mg, it is not quite possible to divide them. It never occurred to me that I need to have less. The amount was and is just right for me.

I used drops, %15 was much better than the initial %3 dose (3 drops a day) Not sure about the mg with the drops.

I add few of my experiences with suppositories. I respond every new treatment or supplement very quickly and strongly. Be it positive or negative, as I have over 10 years of homeopathic treatment history.

The day after my first suppository I was heading to my GP and I travel terrible, severe travel sickness in general. Well I noticed this was gone, completely. Then I noticed I was enjoying the music in the car. My husband was shocked, it normally takes me 3 seconds to turn the radio off. It was bliss. As I never had ME. But I know this would be temporary, I experience this positive effect often with a new supplement. However, these positive effects lasted really long. I had few ups and downs and CBD is definitely helping long term.

Unfortunately I was seriously messed with this horrible pneumonia I had in April. It shaken me badly, kept CBD, mostly raw drops, I thought drops were more appropriate somehow with the pneumonia, helping with the pain and the sleep.

Still dealing with the antibiotic damage. And CBD is helpful with the intestinal issues, especially the suppositories. I'm also on some GI anti-spasmic conventional medicine. So I'm taking CBD not so often now.

The suppositories are also quite expensive.

Last edited:
I use suppositories 50 mg CBD every other night. I normally would take it every night but recently I'm on some GI relaxing conventional medicine. So I give it a rest a bit.

It helps with inflamation, pain, discomfort in general.
Where can you buy this? What symptoms does it help?

erin

Where can you buy this? What symptoms does it help?

You can by online, I use Endoca, i find their products are very good.

Thanks to @IThinkImTurningJapanese, who mentioned Endoca in a different thread in the first place.

It helps me a lot with my IBD. I have IBD but not just yet diagnosed the type. We suspect it is Crohn's as there is a visible damage in the bottom. (Sorry I don't want to get any more crude it is not only severely painful but also embarrassing). CBD helped the pain and the wound or fistula like weird lesions. It helps with bloating and gas as well. And good quality sleep.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Thanks to @IThinkImTurningJapanese, who mentioned Endoca in a different thread in the first place.

Douitashimashite (You're Welcome)

The day after my first suppository I was heading to my GP and I travel terrible, severe travel sickness in general. Well I noticed this was gone, completely. Then I noticed I was enjoying the music in the car. My husband was shocked, it normally takes me 3 seconds to turn the radio off. It was bliss. As I never had ME. But I know this would be temporary, I experience this positive effect often with a new supplement. However, these positive effects lasted really long. I had few ups and downs and CBD is definitely helping long term.

This is just beautiful, thanks for sharing. CBD is actually helping you and your marriage, thanks for the smile. :thumbsup:

It helps me a lot with my IBD. I have IBD but not just yet diagnosed the type. We suspect it is Crohn's

Embarrassing, yeh, I think it may be worth it for you though. I searched Crohn's and remembered something. Miyarisan "has a proliferative effect on mucosal cells".

So I searched to see if this has been studied. It has.

It may help you, a lot. ;)

Last edited:

perchance dreamer

Ten MG of Plus CBD Oil capsules (green label) has greatly helped my IBS, along with George's Aloe Vera Juice and stopping dairy because of a sensitivity I've developed. (And may I say arrghhhh! about the dairy?) I order my Plus oil online.