• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD OIL... Anyone tried it? It's legal now.

leela

Ya I saw those and thought about it. I'm just not sure I want to breathe in all that propylene glycol. But as you mentioned the quick acting effects would be nice in some situations.
Oh I didn't look at the ingredients on their website--are you sure the CW pens have PG? Many of the more medically-oriented companies are using fractionated coconut oil now instead. That's what I have--I wouldn't want the PG either.

undiagnosed

Oh I didn't look at the ingredients on their website--are you sure the CW pens have PG? Many of the more medically-oriented companies are using fractionated coconut oil now instead. That's what I have--I wouldn't want the PG either.

Ya, it lists the ingredients in the product details section and says PG. Hmm, I haven't heard of fractionated coconut oil. Do you have an example of a product using that?

leela

Ya, it lists the ingredients in the product details section and says PG. Hmm, I haven't heard of fractionated coconut oil. Do you have an example of a product using that?
The one I use is made by my local dispensary and I use it in a liquid vaping pen.
I did notice the CW oil is made of MCT and fractionated coconut oil, so it surprises me they put PG in their vape thingie. :eek:

undiagnosed

The one I use is made by my local dispensary and I use it in a liquid vaping pen.
I did notice the CW oil is made of MCT and fractionated coconut oil, so it surprises me they put PG in their vape thingie. :eek:

Would lipid pneumonia be a concern when vaping with fractionated coconut oil?

leela

Would lipid pneumonia be a concern when vaping with fractionated coconut oil?
I have no idea. So far so good is all I can say. I am unscientifically presuming that the fractionation process reduces the lipid content sufficiently.

undiagnosed

I have no idea. So far so good is all I can say. I am unscientifically presuming that the fractionation process reduces the lipid content sufficiently.

Ya, some of this stuff is really a grey area. I just read about a case where a guy got lipid pneumonia from orally ingesting liquid fish oil over like a year time period. It's something I've done in the past and that possibility never even crossed my mind. I guess it's rare though. So, ya hopefully there is no similar issue with MCT.

leela

Ya, some of this stuff is really a grey area. I just read about a case where a guy got lipid pneumonia from orally ingesting liquid fish oil over like a year time period. It's something I've done in the past and that possibility never even crossed my mind. I guess it's rare though. So, ya hopefully there is no similar issue with MCT.
I'll just add that I don't vape often, and am probably inhaling much worse stuff on an ongoing basis like deisel exhaust, pollution, smoke and fragrance etc.
As someone with pretty bad MCS, this stuff feels perfectly benign; but again, that's just my personal opinion/experience/ reckless abandon :alien:

If you saw the documentary WEED, you probably know about the little girl who had been having seizures from birth. Out of desperation her patents tried her on Cannibis, a strain high in CBD and low in THC. Amazingly her seizures were greatly reduced in frequency and severity.
Appatently as a result of that show and probably other pressures CBD oil is now legal. It is very expensive and I have been researching growers and makers of the oil.
I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what were the results.
There are some weak versions available on the internet, but I suspect you need to high potency to make a difference.

I think I saw that documentary... I've so many on Netflix and HBO I can't keep track of all of them lol. But my friend has a similar issue and she says she buys buydailycbd.com which has a money back guarantee. Apparently, it works for her condition. Not sure how it taste but I know she has had many with low potency but she said that's the best one online. Just thought that might help you.

erin

What about Sisters of the Valley cbd oil, has anyone purchased from them? Is the product good, legal and shipped to Europe OK?

perchance dreamer

@keenly, you might have to experiment with doses, brands, and delivery systems. I take Plus CBL Oil in the 10 MG dosage, and it's really helped me with IBS and sleep, but not much for pain. My doctor recommended this brand, and he takes it, too. Plus also has a 15 MG, but it's too strong for me:

https://pluscbdoil.com/cbd-product/cbd-oil-capsules/

My integrative pharmacy also carries Hemp Fusion, and it helps my biofeedback therapist with pain. I want to try it sometime. It has lower doses of CBD oil, but contains other ingredients that are supposed to make the oil more bioavailable. My therapist takes the regular 3.0 dose.

https://hempfusion.com/

keenly

@keenly, you might have to experiment with doses, brands, and delivery systems. I take Plus CBL Oil in the 10 MG dosage, and it's really helped me with IBS and sleep, but not much for pain. My doctor recommended this brand, and he takes it, too. Plus also has a 15 MG, but it's too strong for me:

https://pluscbdoil.com/cbd-product/cbd-oil-capsules/

My integrative pharmacy also carries Hemp Fusion, and it helps my biofeedback therapist with pain. I want to try it sometime. It has lower doses of CBD oil, but contains other ingredients that are supposed to make the oil more bioavailable. My therapist takes the regular 3.0 dose.

https://hempfusion.com/

Cheers. Is 15mg too stimulating for you, or too sedating?

perchance dreamer

@keenly, 15 MG in the Plus brand made me really spaced out instead of relaxed. It was easy to try 15 MG, though. I just opened a capsule and threw away 1/2 of it and took it with a whole 10 MG capsule. Some people do well with higher doses.

I had also tried the drops instead of caps, but they make me too spacey, too. Maybe the slower release of the capsules is just better for me.

SmokinJoeFraz93

I tried a high strength CBD oil, and it didn't work for me. However, it depends what symptoms you wanted to treat.

I done research on how CBD oil can balance the endocrine system and also help mitochondrial function.

leela

I love CBD. For me it keeps inflammation levels down by a whole lot--but in my case it is cumulative so it takes 4-6 weeks for it to kick in
and I have to stay on it. Hope it works for you!