• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD OIL... Anyone tried it? It's legal now.

Strawberry

My experience was about the same as madietodd's experience. My legs turn very wobbly. I also have become very cold, and can't sleep. What could cause that? The doctor's clinic that gave me the prescription has closed, but I haven't given up hope yet that it will work. Everyone keeps telling me it will heal me. :confused: From what I understand, I have had a sativa, and an indica. I also have the CBD drops, and THC drops, but they are sugar based and hard to take and neither seem to do anything at all.

Well it definetally doesnt work for everyone.. and "heal" is a very strong word to be throwing around when discussing alternative medicine.

Ema

The fact that cannabidiol (CBD) modulates the opioid receptors suggests it may well have long term benefits for ME/CFS. Remember that endorphins, which activate the opioid receptors, are low in ME/CFS; so if cannabidiol serves to increase opioid receptor activation, it may be beneficial. Low dose naltrexone (LDN) benefits ME/CFS by boosting the body's opioid system; and many people who take opioid pain medications for ME/CFS find that these medications significantly improve their ME/CFS symptoms (see this thread). So there is definitely a link between the opioid system and ME/CFS symptoms.
Does this mean one shouldn't use cannabidiol and LDN together?

ETA: I note that @Hip said it was "clear as mud" a while ago, but has any new information emerged since?

Last edited:

Ema

I have CBD oil drops from Ananda Apothecary and they seem to be much stronger (and cheaper!) than the other brands mentioned here.

http://www.anandaapothecary.com/CBD-Oils/index.html

It says that 2 drops contain 2 mg of CBD...their recommended dosing is 2-3 drops, 2-3 times a day...but they also acknowledge the biphasic effect and the need to experiment to find the right dose.

Would anyone else like to share the dose that has worked for them?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It says that 2 drops contain 2 mg of CBD...their recommended dosing is 2-3 drops, 2-3 times a day...but they also acknowledge the biphasic effect and the need to experiment to find the right dose.
Does CBD help with sleep or is that another aspect of cannabis?

Hip

From that study saying cannabidiol modulates the opioid receptors, it's not clear to me whether it increases or decreases the opioid receptor sensitivity.

Though in this discussion on reddit.com, someone says there's lots of anecdotal evidence to suggest smoking Cannabis does potentiate opioids (makes opioid painkillers more effective for example).

So possibly cannabidiol might potentiate LDN, making it more effective. Although if you are getting strong start-up side effects from LDN, it might potentiate those too — or cannabidiol might conceivably allow you to reduce your LDN dose and still get the benefits.

Though nobody seems to know the mechanism by which LDN helps some ME/CFS patients. It could be via the opioid receptors, in which case cannabidiol may support this mechanism; but it could be from the various other things that LDN does, like increasing met-enkephalin (opioid growth factor), and blocking TLR-4.

Last edited:

panckage

I have no experience with this company or CBD oil in general :pbut if anyone is interested a company is having 50% sale on their CBD oils this weekend
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/3km56i/for_those_of_you_interested_in_trying_legal_cbd/
hempmedspx.com has a 50% off sale sale running this weekend for existing customers but you may be able to squeeze by.

Coupon code: miss50

They have decent customer service and ship quick. It's nowhere near as effective as CBD from cannabis plants but if you're stuck in a non-legal state it's really your only option without breaking the law.

undiagnosed

Hey guys, I've been doing a little research regarding Hemp CBD oil that is available in all 50 states in the US and wanted to share what I found. There seem to be a lot of bad products out there. A lot of companies are importing industrial hemp from outside the US to work within regulations. I would be skeptical of any products made this way. I found a nice description of the differences between types of Hemp CBD products at 4 Corners Cannabis. Scroll halfway down the page and read about the different CBD sources. As a result, I've been looking for CBD oil from tailor made high CBD hemp grown in the US, which is possible now because of the Farm Bill. A couple of companies that I found are:

- CW Botanicals
- 4 Corners Cannabis

I ordered some CBD MCT Oil from CW Botanicals as they were the most transparent with their quality information. You can see batch laboratory results here showing cannabinoid amounts, toxins, and microbes. I'll let you know what I think when I receive it. I will say that it hasn't shipped yet and it's been a couple days since I ordered, but the site says processing is up to 3 days.

panckage

Nope according to this study LDN increases the high from marijuana. It doesn't address CBD specificly, but if there were any adverse reactions they would have been noted
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923559/

btw I use LDN and marijuana and the only thing I've noticed is that LDN -may- reduce the tolerance related with marijuana

leela

I noticed the CW brand (Charlotte's Web) also makes pre-loaded vape pens, which I do find helpful for brainflam. Somehow vaping the CBD is more immediate for me.

helen1

The trouble I'm having with CBD oil is that even though it helps with sleep, it lasts well into the next day. A quick google tells me the half life of mj is 24-36 hours! That may explain it. :confused:

Does anyone else have this hangover feeling? And if so, have you found a solution to it?

undiagnosed

The trouble I'm having with CBD oil is that even though it helps with sleep, it lasts well into the next day. A quick google tells me the half life of mj is 24-36 hours! That may explain it. :confused:

Does anyone else have this hangover feeling? And if so, have you found a solution to it?

What type of CBD oil are you using and at what dosage?

undiagnosed

I noticed the CW brand (Charlotte's Web) also makes pre-loaded vape pens, which I do find helpful for brainflam. Somehow vaping the CBD is more immediate for me.

Ya I saw those and thought about it. I'm just not sure I want to breathe in all that propylene glycol. But as you mentioned the quick acting effects would be nice in some situations.

helen1

What type of CBD oil are you using and at what dosage?
I'm using a 1:20 from Cannimed, a new Canadian company. I need 6 drops to affect my sleep.

I've also been trying out oleamide, an oleic acid derived supplement that also attaches to cannabidiol receptors.

Last edited:

undiagnosed

Ok, so assuming 20 drops per ml which is the case for water but may be a bit different for the olive oil carrier used in that product, we get:
pyWWgaw.jpg

At 6 drops, that would be 6 mg CBD. From what I've seen that looks like a reasonable conservative dose so it doesn't seem like a problem of being too much. That's around the same dose I am planning to start with. Although, I'm not planning to use it specifically for sleep, I'll let you know if I experience any similar effects. I'll probably start it around next weekend.

Grigor

I'm too out to read all of it. But I love CBD oil. Really helps my IBS cramps. But I sleep horrible on it. Or wake up way too early.
Anyone else experiences this as well??

Last edited: