• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cavitations/Osteonecrosis

Navid

hi:

Just wondering if any of you CFID's sufferers also have/had cavitations in the jaw. If so, any treatment success stories to share....

I have had many debridements and tried various treatments but still suffer with a very distinct pain in a distinct spot of my lower right jaw. I believe this problem is a large contributor to my CFID's.

Warmest Regards, Lisa

kolowesi

Lisa osteonecrosis

Put me down for this, though I didn't know it was called osteonecrosis. :p

I had my cavitations redone, the ones where my wisdom teeth had been. We only sent one in for testing, but it came out in the 95% toxicity range (I guess compared to others?) The second most toxic my oral surgeon had seen.

So this can't be a good thing.

I am thinking of re-doing mine, as I found out it's good to not move around for 24 hours after so as not to disturb the creation of new bone. A friend had his redone, stayed put, and believes they are now healed.

I guess there's not a really accurate way to check whether they are infected without going in to look, is that your understanding?

Thanks for the thread and let us know what happens,

Kelly

KC22

Hi Lisa,

I only know one person who had cavitations, or at least realized it. She had surgery about a month ago. She got worse for awhile. I talked to her last week and she is still trying to recover. As of right now, she doesn't feel better. She was supposed to have the other side done in 4-6 weeks, but she is going to wait and see what happens.

I have pain in my left jaw, but would not do the surgery right now. I don't really want to feel worse. If she improves, I'll let you know.

Navid

cavitation surgery

i am considering see dr. steve evans in texas. i've heard several good things about his results. it's a big crapshoot though. like all these treatments the proof is in the results.

do you know what surgeon your friend saw. hope she starts feeling better soon : )

warmly, lisa

KC22

His name is Dr. Shankland in Central Ohio. He has a website where he goes into this pretty extensively. I think you can find it by just using his name. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get the name of the website.

Yes, it does seem like a crapshoot with a lot of what we are trying because there is no "one size fits all."

Take care, Cindy