1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cause of ME a "state secret" in UK?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Min, Dec 12, 2009.

1. max

max *****

My point exactly - the Highlights document redacted parts are already available - in print.

Why are parts still redacted in FD 23/4553/1 ?

I did actually ask the MRC sometime ago whether or not I had to fill in the blanks in order for them to let the information out? They tried to steer me in another direction, it was to read some other psychiatry summary viewpoint of the symposium!

Wow, the MRC/NA have secrets that are out there for anyone to read - and yet they believe its a secret! This illness gets more strange everyday .

max
  2. rlc

rlc Senior Member

3. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    Hi folks,

When I go through the process of downloading from the National Archives, the last stage (after clicking 'download now') gives me a grey, blank pop-up window.

Any chance of attaching the .pdf to a post here? Or I'll let you have my email, if it's too big for that. Thanks.

Excellent work, everyone.
  4. max

max *****

Hi Jace

Is the 'blank grey box' adobe reader opening up?

How can you give me your email without broadcasting it to the zillions of people who read this forum? Is this the 'private message' thingy?

If you can do this more secretly than the MRC then I will be pleased to help - I'll send you the previous version of FD 23/4553 too so you can fill in the spaces with the new info! Let me know

max

Norway Norway Norway - always said Oslo was a great place to be.:D
  5. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    Thanks, max, I've got it now. That box didn't change from blank grey however long I left it - I have the latest version of Adobe Reader, but it just didn't work. I already have the earlier version, but you are very kind to offer.
  6. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Pretty much settles it, doesn't it? ME is caused by vaccines, or they suspect it to be so, and thus, have buried it.
  7. Ian

Ian Senior Member

Breast implants can cause cfs, it's hardly a secret.
  8. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    OK Max,

I'm been right through the new file. My brain hurts! I could never do puzzles even before ME.

Now, apart from wanting to offer all those nice doctors the Nobel Prize for Medicine :D what is this all about bleeding Norway!?!
  9. max

max *****

eh?

so you read 158 pages looking for a 'Norway' link? Really? Bless.
  10. max

max *****

Hi ukxmrv - my apologies - 'Go Norway' is in reference to the Norway situation, ie, they are not advising CBT/GET torture. (Thats how I understood it).

We don't get much in the way of good news around here so I was having a joint hoorah at 2 very minor reasons to smile. Sorry for causing you to go on a fruitless search. At least you've read it now!

max
  11. Tulip

Tulip Guest

They mostly cause lupus...
  12. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    There was an item about a Scandanavian country in regard to ME and vaccines back in 70s/early 80s, but I can't recall which nation :/
    usual "oh it was a coincidence, nothing here ot see, move on don't look behind the curtain" kind of thing from the Weasels/UK about it.
    That's what I think started the deliberate conspiracy against us: merely the possibility of such a link would scare the ratbags into covering it up
  13. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    No worries Max, No extra reading done. Put in my first FOI on that file in 2007 and been following it since then.

Yes, GO NORWAY!
  14. max

max *****

Hi ric

many thanks for the Behan paper pdf - I can use that.

max
  15. currer

currer Senior Member

Silverblade I think you have put your finger on the very reason why we have been treated as we have.
    This makes so much sense.
    Even the fear of such a link could have worked to block research and require ME being dismissed as a valid disease.
    Put into the proscribed list - do not touch!

http://www.investinme.org/InfoCentre-vaccines-popup-1.htm

See more popular forum discussions.