Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Catherine Hale - "The politics of stigma with ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by worldbackwards, Dec 17, 2015.

1. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    Great blogpost from Catherine Hale, taking in PACE, stigma and access to care and treatment.
    http://limitedcapability.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/the-politics-of-stigma-with-mecfs.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Dolphin, waiting, Kati and 23 others like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

bump

Dolphin and Sean like this.
  3. octoberpoppy

octoberpoppy

Dolphin, John Mac, Artstu and 19 others like this.
  4. Aurator

Aurator Senior Member

It's a brilliant and moving article that perfectly encapsulates the unique cruelty that people with ME have had to endure in a world that has been repeatedly persuaded of their unworthiness. And it puts to utter shame the people who have been responsible for doing the persuading.

Dolphin, Roy S, ballard and 7 others like this.
  5. octoberpoppy

octoberpoppy

Thank you. I normally research and write in the field of welfare benefits for sick and disabled people and social care in the UK, so this is a bit of a departure for me. But my hope is to bring awareness of this injustice to the community of disability activists in the UK. I find many parallels between our story and the struggle by the disabled people's movement for the right to independent living, for example.

Dolphin, jimells, Artstu and 9 others like this.
  6. waiting

waiting Senior Member

@JenB -- great post to highlight in ME Action re: stigma & strategy and PACE criticism.

Edit: Jen, you are quoted near the end of her article, too. And a link to your website.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Dolphin likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.