Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

catalase, S.O.D.

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by lizw118, Apr 2, 2012.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Has anyone every tried supplementing catalase or S.O.D.? Based on some reading I have been doing, they seem to be as important as glutathione for clearing toxins from the cells. Has anyone ever had these levels checked, and if so, where they normal?
    Liz

2. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    A few years back, I had an Oxidative Stress test (by Genova) showing I was deficient in both glutathione and superoxide dismutase. I currently supplement with acetyl-glutathione and SODzyme (caution, it contains gliadin, a wheat protein known to cause problems for people with celiac disease/leaky gut)

3. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Interesting. Did you find that you felt better taking the SOD? Did you have any initial side effects?
    Thanks
    Liz

4. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I did not feel any kind of immediate improvement. I take it to prevent problems with excessive levels of superoxide, which in turn may lead to elevated levels of peroxynitrate, a very nasty free radical.

5. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    What about non-immediate improvement? :D

6. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Eheheh, I am actually waiting to see whether SODzyme reverses a few gray hairs I have. Appears to happen to some people.

See more popular forum discussions.