When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Case Study: Successful treatment of POTS and MCAS using LDN, IVIG and antibiotic treatment (1/11/18)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jesse2233, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2018/bcr-2017-221405.full

pibee, Sancar, ryan31337 and 5 others like this.
  2. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    From the article-

Although this is just one case study, it shows the importance of SIBO in treating these symptoms.

After 10 years of struggling and trying many different protocols, I'm finally getting great relief in symptoms, consistently, by aggressively treating SIBO and leaky gut. I think a leaky gut can cause all kinds of immune system problems and symptoms with it.

@Jesse2233 - It sounds like you are doing really well. I have read many of your posts and it seems to me that you are going to recover whatever it takes!!:thumbsup: I feel the same way about my recovery! Best of luck to you.

Jim

3. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    What sort of improvements are you seeing?

I got in touch with the woman from this arcade study. She’s the real deal, from what she told me...

pibee, Sancar and frederic83 like this.
  4. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Energy level has about doubled and less PEM or no PEM with more physical activity.

Chronic sinusitis symptoms, like runny nose and congestion have improved a lot and are much better controlled now with just nettle leaf extract and quercetin instead of antihistamines.

Probably the biggest improvements I am seeing are just that I feel much better and happier. My quality of life has improved greatly!

The flares I use to get that lasted 5-7 days, feeling like I had the flu, now only last 1- 1 1/2 days or less. I really can't think of any symptoms that haven't improved in the last 9 months of treating my gut.

She must be one happy camper!:D What a great turn around.

pibee, MEMum, Thinktank and 3 others like this.
  5. wingate

wingate

@Jesse2233

This was an interesting case study. I was curious if you had shown it to the physicians you have been seeing for treatment.

I would be interested to hear what they would have to say.

MEMum, Sancar and Jesse2233 like this.
  6. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    Haven’t had a chance yet, but I’m sure they’d be interested

Sancar likes this.
  7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    From your article (Jesse)

This is what we believe I have (an autoimmune neuromuscular disease plus POTS/MCAS). 99% of doctors would probably still give me a CFS label but it is just not quite right in my case even though great overlap. I wish there were more studies on the use of high dose IVIG for autoimmunity, POTS and MCAS but not hopeful it will happen any time soon b/c of the cost and b/c I guess not interesting enough for most doctors/researchers to study.

pibee, MEMum, Sancar and 2 others like this.
  8. Freakyfriday

Freakyfriday

I also find quercetin extremely helpful.

Thinktank, Sancar and ljimbo423 like this.
  9. voner

voner Senior Member

@Jesse2233,

thanks for posting this. The paper said that the patient is a biostatistician! it seems that the criteria used for insurance approval of IVIG was delayed pressure urticaria, which seems to involve mast cell activation.

here is a quote from the patient’s perspective,

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Jesse2233 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.