Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ChrisD, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Folk

Folk Senior Member

We normally do it with coarse salt on a stick on barbecue (with charcoal and fire) like this: https://content.paodeacucar.com/wp-...07/melhores-carnes-para-churrasco-coração.jpg

But that's just the optimal way, you don't have to do all this job. Just using salt and frying it on a pan would work to, just be sure to make it very crunchy. (you can try garlic too if you tolerate it, I don't)

2. E.man

E.man Senior Member

Bega Valley , Australia
    Found Chicken heart in the supermarket ! Tried them in the frying pan. I can see how they would go OK cooked to crunchy on a BBQ with a drink. Pan fry was more difficult to get a uniform result. Some were crispy others chewy. No discernible taste. Not rushing to try it again due to variable pan fry result.

3. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
  4. Folk

Folk Senior Member

I found really hard to stay on only meat diet, I just didn't wanna eat, meat was becoming repulsive, specially after trying ox liver (I didn't do it correctly but it made nauseous for the rest of the day). Triied for a little bit more than a week and didn't see many benefits (know it's a short period).
    I'm back on keto, just trying to increase fat intake since I've never really wen't pass 1.1 ketones on the blood ( although that was my max, I'm normally 0.3/0.7.
    So I discovered a amazing fat bomb desert. Get one square of 85% dark chocolate. melt it and mix 4-5 spoons of coconut oil. than freezes. IT tastes even better than the pure chocolate, t's refreshing and increase volume without adding more sugar. Also helped my constipation big time.

Still curious about carnivore if anyone can endure it...

kelly8 likes this.
  5. kelly8

kelly8 Senior Member

I found that us wellness meats makes a ground burger that has heart in it. They ship it frozen. The meat is grass fed too. Might be good since I'm not sure i could stomach the heart muscle alone.

I make a chicken liver meat loaf for my family that is good but once my hubby found out the secret ingredient he has been not interested in eating it. But if i cook the meatloaf down into spaghetti sauce no one is the wiser;).

When i was preggo with my son i craved that meatloaf. The ob nurses told me to avoid liver but i wasn't able to take my prenatals due to a problem processing folic acid. Other cultures make pregnant women eat a special diet including liver so i figured the extra nutrients could only help. :thumbsup:

See more popular forum discussions.