1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnitor?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Ema, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I was reading about L-Carnitine again last night and found this article from a newsletter in 2000.

Has anyone ever tried Carnitor - injectable or oral - and had any success over the supplement version?

Has anyone ever tested Carnitine? The lab referenced doesn't seem to be around anymore and the Labcorp test seems to be from serum and not plasma. Would serum measurements work for this purpose or do they have to be plasma?

Is the acylcarnitines panel necessary as well?

Thanks! Ema

2. fozzaw

fozzaw

Some of the most popular carnitine supplement brands use Sigma-Tau's carnitine. I think there's at least two reputable sources that supplement makers can use and Sigma-Tau is one of them. It would say on the package somewhere if so. I can't remember the other one, it might have been BASF or from Japan.

See more popular forum discussions.