The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnitine Fumarate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joe12, Jan 17, 2016.

1. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

Whats the reason for taking the fumarate type instead of the others? I have taken one with phosphorus and ALCAR, and it was ok. I took a prescription kind for a while, not sure what it had, and it was ok but found the others where better. Once I took over 1,200 mg of the prescription type, as instructed by the doctor, but felt down and sick thou.

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Fred reckons that ALCAR is more effective for about 10% of people, and LCF is better for the rest. My own experience of taking 3 forms of carnitine before I landed on LCF was that the others did nothing. LCF, as Fred describes it, gave me immediate *brightening*. I've since found that ALCAR is useful for oxidative stress, and I've used it for that reason, in addition to LCF. Some people find they get anxiety type symptoms w/ LCF, and need to use liquid, so they can use tiny amounts.

Here's Fred talking about LCF. You can find other comments if you search.
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and- healing.21725/

SickOfSickness, joe12 and minkeygirl like this.
  3. joe12

joe12 Senior Member

Is any brand good, like Amazing Nutrition? I read that not every ALCAR brand is good, with Twinlab being the better one.

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Don't know. I'm using Dr's Best LCF. For ALCAR, I've gotten it bulk on ebay.

cph13 likes this.
  5. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    Ahmo, seems U R doing much better. Im Happy for you. I'm doing better too. WHO, on e bay do you get the LCF from. I'm looking for a supplier of AlpGPC choline, uridine etc. I posted this to you in someones Blog post re: anti drugs. I'm looking for a reliable source. I am so skittish about buying in bulk but I just can't afford all this stuff. Any help Ahmo or ANYONE I appreciate it. Happy Healing, XOC

6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

I'm getting AlphaGPC choline + citicholine from an Australian ebay site. You'd likely find someone in US.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281767714050

Kitey likes this.
  7. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    Thanks amho.

See more popular forum discussions.