1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnitine fumarate dibencozide GLUTEN FREE??????

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joshi81, Jan 21, 2014.

1. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    Hi i am following a gluten free diet so i use gluten free supplement...while i have no problems in finding methylfolate and enzymathic therapy (wich are gluten free and there is written on the bottle) i'm haveing problems in finding carnitine fumarate and dibencozice gluten free certified... anyone can help?

2. Gloria H

Gloria H

South Dakota
  3. Gloria H

Gloria H

South Dakota
  4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Josh,

That is the same L-carnitine fumarate made by Sigma Tau packaged by a different supplement maker. I can't find any claim of gluten free.

5. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    thanks gloria but as Fredd said on the label there's no written gluten free

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Why do you think those supplements contain gluten? I see no need for them to write "gluten-free" on something that obviously contain no gluten.

vortex likes this.
  7. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

The best thing is usually to write an email to the manufacturer and ask.
    I agree with adreno that it's pretty unlikely that they are adding gluten derivates to supplements such as Adenosyl B12. The same goes for amino acids. I too am following a no gluten diet.

8. Gloria H

Gloria H

South Dakota
    @Freddd On my gluten free diet, I also eat avocados, carrots & eggs that don't have gluten free labels. It's been working good for me. Do you have a reason to question the Sigma Tau Carnishield?
    Blessings to you!

9. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Josh,

The capsules are pharmaceutical carnitine of the best carnitine I have ever had. They have no additives that I can find. So while it is conceivable that there could be nanogram or microgram quantities of air blown gluten, we are talking less than a whiff of baked goods. Do you have a problem walking through a supermarket? I was reading up on unintentional contamination of food products and read that 50mg of gluten was the typical level of contamination. That would be 7% or so of the capsule and that would cause all sorts of problems in pharmaceutical carnitine and would never pass purity tests, and I don't mean the Jr. High type.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    no the thing is just this: i read so many articles and medical literature about gluten causing a lot of neurological disorders and also neuromuscular disorders(myopathy) these findings and these links between gluten and neurological disorders are pretty recents and the effect of gluten on these people mimed many of the so called degenerative disease we know. So because i'm trying to have a gluten free diet to see if gluten can be a problem in my case i don't want that i follow a strict regimen in nutrituon and then i mees up everything because of a supplement.
    The point is that in eggs or carrot (if fresh) it's quite obvious they are gluten free but in supplements they can use fillers to fill the capsule which may contain glute.. so i prefear a supplement in which there is stated glute free to ba on the safe side...just this

11. Phred

Phred Senior Member

@joshi81 I have Celiac. I am very sensitive to gluten. Even a small amount will make me sick for days. I take Doctor's Best LCF and have never had a problem with it. I also take the Anabol Adb12 and have been fine. I understand they have changed their formula though and I haven't tried the new ones yet so I can't vouch for it.

Really the only thing you need to look for, in terms of gluten, is on the "non-medicinal" or "other" ingredients if it lists starch. If it doesn't tell you what kind of starch, ie, corn, wheat, potato or rice, then you should avoid it. I can't take simple Tylenol because they don't list what kind of starch is in their tablets.

vortex likes this.
  12. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    thanks Phred :)

See more popular forum discussions.