Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnitine Fumarate and hypothyroidism

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Avocado, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Avocado

Avocado

Hi people!

I had low thyroid symptoms before, but got more normal with medication (im no longer on the medication since I dont need it anymore)

People with low thyroid function, how did you react to Carnitine Fumarate?

Im scared of trying it because I reacted badly after some days of using R-ala. First I felt an increased energy. But after some days I felt severly depressed, had much anxiety, and felt like crying. The way I felt before I started thyroid medication. I read up on it and it blocks something in your thyroid and is not recommended for people with hypothyroidism symptoms.

Im scared I will feel the same way with carnitine and I will be wasting more money on a supplement I cant tolerate..

2. Mogwai

Mogwai

Auckland, NZ
    I haven't tried Carnitine Fumarate, but I didn't fare well on Acetyl L-Carnitine. My low thyroid symptoms got a great deal worse on it.

3. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Do an internet search -you'll find that carnitine fumarate is used to treat hyperthyroidism... therefore is seems kind of foolish for people with low thyroid to even consider taking it.

See more popular forum discussions.