• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Carnitine Fumarate and hypothyroidism

Hi people!

I had low thyroid symptoms before, but got more normal with medication (im no longer on the medication since I dont need it anymore)

People with low thyroid function, how did you react to Carnitine Fumarate?

Im scared of trying it because I reacted badly after some days of using R-ala. First I felt an increased energy. But after some days I felt severly depressed, had much anxiety, and felt like crying. The way I felt before I started thyroid medication. I read up on it and it blocks something in your thyroid and is not recommended for people with hypothyroidism symptoms.

Im scared I will feel the same way with carnitine and I will be wasting more money on a supplement I cant tolerate..

I haven't tried Carnitine Fumarate, but I didn't fare well on Acetyl L-Carnitine. My low thyroid symptoms got a great deal worse on it.

Critterina

Do an internet search -you'll find that carnitine fumarate is used to treat hyperthyroidism... therefore is seems kind of foolish for people with low thyroid to even consider taking it.