Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Carnitine and muscle wasting

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by CCC, Oct 21, 2016.

1. CCC

CCC Senior Member

There have been a few threads on carnitine and its importance for us all. It's part of Freddd's deadlock quartet of AdoB12, meB12, methlyfolate and, of course, carnitine (as L-carnitine fumarate or ALCAR).

L-canitine fumarate made my son very, very tired and did nothing else, so we dropped it after a few weeks.

We took ALCAR for almost a year, and we though ti did nothing. We've recently restarted it, and I think it has reverse some of the muscle wasting since... stopping the ALCAR at the end of last year.

For the record, here's what else has been said on PR, but I can't see why it would increase muscle mass.

I'd really like to know why it works. Anyone with better knowledge out there?

Previously, on PR...

@Freddd and his Burning muscle pain (AdoB12 and carnitine-L-fumarate worked for him)
    This discussion about L-carnitine fumarate (and including a comparison to ALCAR)
    And this:
    And this
    And this
    Need to take away from food

See more popular forum discussions.