1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

can't tolerate mixed tocopherols?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by outdamnspot, Mar 9, 2014.

1. outdamnspot

outdamnspot

I'm trying to rule out stuff that seems to be activating/agitating me. Every day, I noticed I'd feel worse around the time I had my daily smoothie ('super green' powder mix, rice protein powder, blueberries, rice milk, banana). So I started eliminating stuff from the smoothie -- first the green mix, then the protein powder .. but was still feeling worse.

It's also the same time I take my Vitamin A (20k IU) and mixed tocopherols (2 gels, giving me 400IU Vitamin E plus the tocopherols). I'd been taking just d-alpha prior to that and noticed it would calm me and improve my stress response .. I didn't put two-and-two together until I saw a casual comment someone made on another board about tocopherols worsening their noise sensitivity.

I was steering away from just d-alpha because I know it can deplete the others, and I was taking a high dose (about 1000IU) a day. But I was just curious if anyone else had had a similar reaction..?
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I found most mixed tocopherols contained soy. Most vitamin E capsules did too. I get phlegm in my throat from soy so it was easy to tell. Tc .. x

See more popular forum discussions.