1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can't stand upright without coughing and retching

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Shell, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    I've started something that won't stop. Last night I crawled upstairs too quickly- because I'm a right eejit and didn't want to be seen by my 10 year old son! - got to the top of the stairs and stood up. Couldn't catch my breath, heart doing a dicky-fit and I ended up coughing and retching for ages over the loo. Lovely.
    Today I've found I can't stand up straight without setting off the cough-retch drama.
    Walking around bent over which is some control over it- but - well, it's not ideal.
    Anyone have any ideas PLEASE!
  2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Sounds like maybe bronchitis with bronchial spasms.
    SOC likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Very odd. I have no idea. Sounds horrible though.
  4. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    Thanks both. I think bronch spasm could be it. Managed to stand up this morning - just have to be very careful and slow. I so love this illness- always trying something new on me.:eek:

See more popular forum discussions.