1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can't stand upright without coughing and retching

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Shell, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    I've started something that won't stop. Last night I crawled upstairs too quickly- because I'm a right eejit and didn't want to be seen by my 10 year old son! - got to the top of the stairs and stood up. Couldn't catch my breath, heart doing a dicky-fit and I ended up coughing and retching for ages over the loo. Lovely.
    Today I've found I can't stand up straight without setting off the cough-retch drama.
    Walking around bent over which is some control over it- but - well, it's not ideal.
    Anyone have any ideas PLEASE!

2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Sounds like maybe bronchitis with bronchial spasms.

SOC likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    Very odd. I have no idea. Sounds horrible though.

4. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    Thanks both. I think bronch spasm could be it. Managed to stand up this morning - just have to be very careful and slow. I so love this illness- always trying something new on me.:eek:

See more popular forum discussions.