Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can't sleep without probiotics...

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Womble, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Womble

Womble Senior Member

Right now, I can't sleep without probiotics, but I want to stop taking them because of all the negative reports on the potentially harmful effects of super strains of lactobacillus acidophilus. They may also be causing a neurotoxicity that has developed since I started them.

I managed to stop taking them for one evening, and I woke up feeling the best I've felt in ages.

But the next night, I was in too much pain and ended up taking them again.

Any idea how I can sleep without them with some natural substitute? I need to reduce the pain and inflammation in some natural way.

Thanks in advance.

2. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Have you tried curcumin? I've had great relief from gout inflammation and pain using that at night. I mix it with an oil and rub it on the affected area then cover it as its very staining. Also take it orally.

Downsides: messy, also a bit diuretic.

Is it nerve pain you have? Skullcap is a good nervine.

Ginger is a strong analgesic and anti inflammatory, it may be your best bet. Equal to or stronger than ibuprofen.

The dried root powder is useless though. You need fresh ginger root, about a small carrot-sized piece that you chop or grate and steep in boiling water for two hours covered. Tincture works okay. More practical than fresh but you need to take lots for the same effect.

Hope this helps.

@Womble

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  3. A zombie

A zombie

have you tried another strain? one without laco

4. Womble

Womble Senior Member

I have searched for different strains of probiotic.

I tried Dr. Mercolas, which has 5 different strains, it made me more tired but I had more energy afterwards.

I have a hard time finding any probiotic without superstrains of lactic aciphidolius or whatever :)

5. Womble

Womble Senior Member

It feels like nerve pain more then muscle pain, but it responds to stomach medications as well as other supplements.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried Coconut MCT OIL and also Antacids lately, with some results.

Any other ideas, I will consider, thanks!

6. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Maybe Resistant Starch (mostly RS2). http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/

The theory and everything is complicated, but I can summarize it. Buy some cheap potato starch and have a big scoop, and you probably will sleep better and have other positive effects. The potato starch only feeds the gut bacteria and does not give you calories or anything. It is suggested you work up from a small amount, or you can have some side effects.

7. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I was able to buy a single strain. The one I got was L. Rhamnosis (spelling). I don't know what strain(s) do what.

8. A zombie

A zombie

is facto aciphidolius bad? it's in my probiotic.

9. Womble

Womble Senior Member

Probiotics are a mixed bag for me, some strains I'm reacting to very badly, so who knows!

I took a probiotic called "Renew Life" last night, and it was awful!

Any other suggestions?

Guess I might try circumin next...

See more popular forum discussions.