• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Canned Food

Dainty

I read it takes longer to cook in glass, soapstone, and ceramic. They don't heat up as well so you have to do lower temp and longer. I want to get this type of cookware, but it's worth noting this small downside.

Whether that's a downside or an upside depends on how you cook and eat. ;) I often find it easiest to make a pot of soup that remains on the stove all day or even 2-3 days in a row. If I'm eating some about every 3 or 4 hours, it's pretty handy that the food tends to stay warm and very little reheating is needed throughout the day, and a good simmer each morning is all that's needed to ensure sanitization (I've written about this elsewhere) so you don't waste time and energy by chilling and reheating.