• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candida IgA high, IgE, and IgG normal

drob31

I tested high for the candida antibody IgA: 21 (HIGH) Reference: 0-9. IgE, and IgG were normal.

Is this something I should begin to address or should I do more testing? Also, is blood testing for candida the gold standard, or do I need stool and/or saliva as well? This is the only positive I have turned up in my search for my CFS symptoms. The other minor positives were compound heterozygous MTHFR, and slightly elevated kryptoprolles. Other than that Candida is the first big positive I have come across.

drob31

I just wanted to add to this that I was reading someone's testing, and KDM only tests for Candida IgG. Also, IgA is related to more "External" Candida infections.