1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Candida doctor

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by LJBluesky, Jan 24, 2013.

1. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    Can anyone please recommend a doctor who knows how to treat candida in the central Florida area? My daughter has it bad for a year now. We are at our wits end. She also has CFS.
    Thanks
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi,

There are many books available (try google for the latest) and in my experience these are just as good as a doctor. I have worked on candida for many years--both with and without the support of a doctor. The reason to see a doctor would be if you you want to try a prescription like diflucan or nystatin. Any doctor can prescribe these though most won't know the length of time you need to take them.

Is there a "holistic" doctor in your area? Since this type of doctor would generally be interested in candida, you might find help there if you want a prescription.

Best wishes,
    Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.