May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by Gestalt, Sep 25, 2013.

1. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

Hah, well thank you.

Headaches seem to have subsided, only happened the first few doses.

ukxmrv likes this.
  2. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

I added in Grapefruit seed extract and Oregon Grape Root. Been doing four days of that then rotating to four days of monolaurin/Oregano Oil. Also started taking Black Walnut Wormwood extract daily.

I still dont have much improvement in symptoms but I'll probably just take these until they run out.

UNRELATED: For anyone with fatigue, I've been using one of those "sleep apps" that wake you up during the phase of sleep that keeps you most alert/energized through out the day. I can honestly say it helps... Not a cure-all by any means but has helped me from crashing in the afternoon.

3. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

I am trying the method from this site http://www.mold-help.org/content/view/411/ along with a few other things. I started taking biotin and it cleared up my flaking skin so quickly and then someone told me that was because the biotin helps with candida and the candida causes the dermatitis.

I found that taking lysine helps me to not have headaches from the biotin, although I also reduced the dosage of the biotin.

I am also taking some borax in water.

Yesterday I got some saccharomyces in the mail and I took it before bed. I suddenly felt as though I was awake for the first time in days.

I took some again this morning in between breakfast and lunch and unfortunately didn't have the same result, but my gut feels so much better.

Keep posting, @MAF14.

Gondwanaland and MAF14 like this.
  4. MAF14

MAF14 Senior Member

Due to the biotin?

5. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

The biotin has been helping with some symptoms, but I'm thinking the noticeable improvement in the way my gut feels is from the S. boulardi.

6. Sugarboo

Sugarboo

I don't know if this will help anyone but I dicivered that taking 500mg Quercetin on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, keeps me from having a herx reaction to another kind of supplement that could cause one. For me I use it so the within the hour of taking it, I can take 1 tablespoon of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR OR Great Lakes gelatin. It also helped me tolerate NAC and quite a few others.Nothing else worked. Quercetin acts as an anti-histamine, anti-allergy and anti- inflammatory for me.

helen1, Wayne, Gondwanaland and 2 others like this.
  7. thetis

thetis

Any one use quercetin as aromatase inhibitor?

8. heyitisjustin

heyitisjustin Senior Member

I think peppers are linked to leaky gut (which could cause inflammation) and stomach irritation

9. jack blogs

jack blogs

Wow! I wonder if this approach would suit sibo

10. jordanevolves

jordanevolves

Hoboken, New Jersey
    I followed strict PHD for several years beginning in 2012 but continued to deal with symptoms such as abdominal pain, brain fog, and fatigue during this time, specifically when eating fermentable carbs (removing carbs from my diet entirely or almost entirely made these symptoms disappear temporarily). Experiments I did with supplemental resistant starches during this time made the symptoms much worse. A trial of Xifaxan didn't do much either way.

It was only after doing a month of herbal antimicrobials (I used GI Synergy and Lauricidin along with biofilm-buster Interfase Plus) late last year that I started to be able to eat the substantial amount of starches and sugary fruits that PHD calls for without significant negative symptoms. Although breath tests I did for SIBO were negative, symptoms were always present, which, along with the substantial benefit I've noticed from the herbals (but not the Xifaxan in isolation) has led me to believe that I had an overgrowth of hydrogen-sulfide-producing bugs. I've now added in a cocktail of probiotics (including SBOs) and a few herbal and supplemental prokinetics to enhance gut motility (I tended toward SIBO-C). After a few weeks with the probiotics I plan on slowly ramping up the resistant starch, beginning with cooked and cooled rice and potatoes.

I think going for PHD as a first step is still advisable, mainly because it'd be great to be able to avoid antimicrobials if you don't actually need them - and even if you do, you may notice substantial benefit from the change in diet alone, as Ripley mentions above. Overall, I think PHD is close to an ideal dietary template for those that can tolerate it. That said, I wish I had started the herbal protocol sooner, because that's what seems to have covered the most ground for me.

jack blogs and jepps like this.
  11. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member

My doctor recommended quercetin. It's had no noticeable effect.

12. Foggydog

Foggydog

Can you share what these were ? I strongly believe I'm SIBO-C. I also had a negative breath test.
    Thanks

ljimbo423 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.