1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cancer On Top Of CFS! :(

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by awdbawl, Mar 19, 2014.

1. GhostGum

GhostGum Senior Member

Vic, AU
    Smoking it is a thing of the past, especially for medical users who are either vaporising it, eating it or getting it in a concentrated form (oil or paste). Given where you live you would have all the options I imagine, the only thing about an oil concentrate though is it would be exponentially more expensive than your standard stuff; takes a lot of plant material to make an oil.

The other thing to consider is there are variations in cannabis medications, they have got to the stage now where they are able to isolate the different components, so if someone has little tolerance for THC (the stuff that gets you high) you can get something THC free but with other cannabinoids, which is actually where most of therapeutic benefit is I believe; although some say THC has anti-cancer properties and you need it along with the other cannabinoids.

Worth looking into, should not take effort much given where you live to find some people who can give you the right advice.
    awdbawl and peggy-sue like this.
  2. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    Hi Andrew,
    I took epirubicin, 5FU and cytoxan.
  3. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Best wishes, @determined. It's drugs that I have given routinely as an oncology nurse. The red stuff! I remember well.
  4. determined

determined Senior Member

USA: Deep South
    Thanks Kati.....cancer is definitely unpleasant and scary but I have such fond memories of many of the nurses. Thanks to you for the work you did/do.

P.S. How did you "tag me?"
  5. Gandalf

Gandalf

Germany
  6. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I am giving you the best wishes and prayers! Cancer double whammy can be rough but at least they caught it and you are getting treatment now! I don't really have much input to say in terms of tips or advice just wanted to show my support, you will get through this!

love,

Todd
  7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    What is Rest and Repair? {Sleep is a popular topic around here.}
  8. mtnbibliophile

mtnbibliophile

Hi awdbawl - first, good luck.
    Second, re bruising: for me, excessive bruising is always a sign of worse anemia than usual. The brain often doesn't register mere brushes with solid objects, that's why you don't remember walking into things, but if you have severe anemia, the body does register them with bruising. I don't have a clue what the mechanism is.

Third, general question: does anyone know if CFS/ME affects the progression of progressive incurable cancer in any way? I think it's likely that because my immune system is compromised already, my recently diagnosed leukemia (rare form, so not curable, believe me) will progress more quickly than my oncologist blithely assumes, but I'd sure like some hard data on this.

thanks

See more popular forum discussions.