• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cancer link with wearing bras.

worldbackwards

Given that women generally live longer than men and presumably, if bras were a cancer issue, this would have a major effect on that, can we just say that this is rubbish and move on?

Or would braless women live forever? It's a conspiracy...

Are the posts linking dog ownership to breast cancer a joke or serious?

Crikey, am I going to have to start checking my moobs as well?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
You know joking aside there is a serious point here, wearing tight bras may not be a good thing as it will compress the breast area and lymph. The lymph massage I had from the Perrin Clinic (developed for ME patients) concentrated very much on the breast area, outer side from below the breast firm strokes all the way up to the clavicle area, then the centre of the breast same same thing all the way up to the neck and the same again on the inside edge, the outside of the arms and along each side of the spine formed the whole programme, always strokes going upwards - to be done for a few minutes a day as often as you are able.
I haven't the energy to get into reading all the posts - and not trying to frighten anyone, just think it makes sense to think about how the whole body works and maybe why some researchers have found links - rather than just attacking others views.

perchance dreamer

Sometimes my breasts start hurting, and I get a lymphatic massage, which stops the twinges immediately. I don't that there's any link between lymphatic congestion and breast cancer, but it must be better to have lymph flowing properly than not. Anyway, lymphatic massage really helps me.

Mij

I stopped using antiperspirants 15yrs ago. I use baking soda and it works fine. If I was out and about the normal world I would use an antiperspirant. I'm not sure about aluminum or parabens(although parabens are estrogen type substances?) but think not being able to sweat normally is not good in general?

Gingergrrl

Wow, I didn't know that people made natural deodorants out of these products! I really have learned a lot of interesting new info on PR! I think this would take too much energy for me and I wouldn't bother with it and stick with the store bought version... maybe this is why I am a dog owner vs. cat :dog: :p

IreneF

You know joking aside there is a serious point here, wearing tight bras may not be a good thing as it will compress the breast area and lymph. The lymph massage I had from the Perrin Clinic (developed for ME patients) concentrated very much on the breast area, outer side from below the breast firm strokes all the way up to the clavicle area, then the centre of the breast same same thing all the way up to the neck and the same again on the inside edge, the outside of the arms and along each side of the spine formed the whole programme, always strokes going upwards - to be done for a few minutes a day as often as you are able.
I haven't the energy to get into reading all the posts - and not trying to frighten anyone, just think it makes sense to think about how the whole body works and maybe why some researchers have found links - rather than just attacking others views.
If your bra is compressing your breasts it is too tight.