1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Canadians, invite yor MP to this breakfast in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Kati, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

image.jpg

This is a Golden opportunity to increase awareness and tell our MP's about the neglect. Please write to your MP and ask them to RSVP and attend.

Many thanks to ME/FM Action, Gordon Broderick, Dr Carolyn Bennett and other volunteers.
    waiting and Ember like this.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Not that I'm going, but I would think a later start time for most would be better?

GG
  3. Kati

Kati Patient in training

@Gginges, I can answer this because I have exchanged messages with the MP who came up with the idea. Members of Parliament are busy bunchesand most of them have eening engagement or need family time. according to Dr Bennett, the best way to reach them is to pay for their meal (!) and organize a breakfast.

The timing of is is likely to be before the opening of the proeedings at the House of Commons.

The poster does not make it very clear but it is aimed at MP's at the House of Commons.
  4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Kati please see the email I just sent you, urgent!
  5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Just bouncing ideas, would it think it's a good idea to start a petition asking the health minister to attend?
    Ember and shannah like this.
  6. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    Done, and I have passed it on to other patients I know as well. Thank you for posting this.

I just did a quick Google search for MP and my home area, and got his e-mail right away. There were two MP's listed, but it was clearly marked which one was at the House of Commons address.

The more people they hear from the better. Hopefully we can help them realize that this is a major issue that affects many of the voters in their areas.
    Kati likes this.
  7. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Done.

Kati, you are quick ... I don't even see this posted yet on the National ME/FM action Network's website! Thank you.
    Kati likes this.
  8. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Could this invitation be posted in a format that's readable without logging in? Many who aren't members visit this site.
  9. waiting

waiting Senior Member

I think I right-clicked and saved in jpeg format...
  10. Kati

Kati Patient in training

I saw it circulating on FB. Truly, this meeting is a great awareness event but its success will depend on attendance.

See more popular forum discussions.