1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Canada: BC Health minister Terry Lake won’t intervene in Dr. Alison Bested controversy at Vancouver

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, May 29, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Original story and thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...oneer-bc-womens-clinic-leaves-abruptly.30441/

Valentijn, Sasha and Sean like this.
  2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Politicians sell their souls to Satan so they can learn to open their mouths and fill the universe with "anti-sense"
    Their crap repels normal sense, and thus sensible people, like the way the same magnetic poles push each other apart, and thus they fill the world with a void of useless pish! :p

Politicians, proof that the Elder Gods of Evil are real! :alien:

[​IMG]

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Very interesting story - thanks for posting. Gives an idea of what a real ME clinic would be like as opposed to what we get palmed off with here in the UK and elsewhere.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It's not an "HR matter" ... it's a health care policy matter. The establishment's policy is "fast and cheap", and that doesn't work for complex chronic diseases. It needs to change, and the doctor was doing what was necessary to do her job properly, rather than engage in neglect as her employers demand.

SOC, Sasha and Purple like this.
  5. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Now I am concerned. My mum used to be a politician. There were no outward signs of that she had sold her soul to the devil. I wonder if he gave it back to her after she quit politics.

Valentijn, SDSue and SOC like this.
  6. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, she quit politics so obviously she was one of the few who refused the Faustian Pact! :p

Kina likes this.
  7. Kati

Kati Patient in training

i agree it's a health policy and it's a funding policy as well. The province decided they would give the clinic peanuts, like 1 millions a year. They said there would not be testing and there would be strong emphasis on self-management.

That is a huge problem because patients are very sick and have been proacticing self management for decades now and eating the nightshade vegetables (yep that's what she preaches) and meditating is not gonna chage a whole lot of anything.

See more popular forum discussions.