1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can Your (Smart) Electric Meter Make You Sick?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Wayne, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi All,
    The heading of this thread is the title of an article (below) that was recently published in our local newspaper as a guest opinion. Rod Newton is a local chiropractor who a couple years ago spearheaded efforts to keep some cell towers from being erected a short ways away from his health practice. He was able to keep this from happening, and then just recently was instrumental in convincing the local city council to let people opt out of the smart meter plan the city envisioned foisting on local residents.
    I thought his article provides an excellent synopsis and encapsulated a lot of what he has learned through extensive research in the past two years regarding various kinds of radiation and EMFs. I only recently discovered that a smart meter was installed on our house about a year ago, and am pretty dismayed that they would have the audacity to come onto a person's property without permission and do something like this that is so controversial.
    Anyway, thought I'd pass this along. I suspect most pwCFS are much more susceptible to EMFs and various kinds of ubiquitous radiation than most people. And it might be a good idea to keep abreast of any similar local action in your area that might have a deleterious impact on your health.
    Regards, Wayne

golden likes this.
  2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    golden likes this.
  3. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    Wayne,

Thankyou for this thread. It was part of my research into SMART meters last week. I believe they are being forced into peoples homes using dubious techniques in some states of USA.

There are even trojan smart meters disguised as Analogues ! :-/

I have just sent my notice of Non-consent for mine here in the UK via information from:

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/film/

Best,
    Golden

4. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
  5. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    I apologise, I meant to link directly to the homepage. There is plenty of free information on the website.

I appreciate your link Leela , I think I miss a fair bit of info by only usually connecting with free stuff.

Golden

6. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    I hear you, golden. I usually don't pay for stuff either but I think this one might be worth it.
    Haven't watched it myself, though.

golden likes this.
  7. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    I
    agree :)

Golden

8. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Hey, Golden...if we merged Couchland with Land of Clouds, we'd have a pretty comfy place! :angel:

See more popular forum discussions.