• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can you take immunovir or inosine and ldn?

anniekim

I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can take immunovir or inosine as well as taking LDN?

Also is inosine just a good as immunovir or would immunovir still be better if you could get hold of it?

Many thanks in advance

Mij

What I don't understand about Life Extension Inosine is whether it's an immnue modulator. It states on the bottle "energy and muscle support". It is listed in this link right under Immunovir though.
http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/drugs/isoprinosine.html

LDN was not good for me so I discontinued.

You could try Life Extension Inosine first to see how you feel after. I've been pulsing it for the last few months and I feel very good these days. I can't for sure say it's the Insoine that is making the difference but I've added more exericse/activities to my regular routine and no PENE after! Granted, I haven't felt "viral" for a while and this is what makes PENE worse sooner. I went walking around town yesterday for an hour, beautiful sunny day, came home washed my windows, cooked and layed down and . . . . nothing. My legs felt tired but more of a normal tired. I slept 6hrs and I'm ready to get up and do something.

anniekim

Thanks for the replies, appreciated and helpful.

Mij, that's great you are doing well at the moment. Just to be clear (my foggy brain, sorry) you are taking inosine, not immunovir? Thanks.

Marg, are the LDN and immunovir helping you? Thanks.

Mij

Anniekim, yes I am taking Life Extension Inosine.

I took Immunovir 12yrs ago and it gave me a complete relapse. I was functioning at 80% when I started it and looking back I think it should have been pulsed (it wasnt'). The virologist who rx'd for me did a small CFS study with Dr.Byron Hyde so I had confidence with his advice but I think the dose was too strong for me.

anniekim

Thanks Mij for your reply and sharing your experience of taking immunovir when it wasn't pulsed. I'm sorry it caused a really bad relapse. It''s so good you are doing well at the mo.

May I ask what your pulsing regime is on the inosine?

Many thanks

Mij

I've been taking Inosine since August. So now I'm up to x3/day for the next 3 weeks and then I'm stopping for one month. When I restart in a month I'll take x3/day during the week and off on weekends. I won't exceed 3x/day.

anniekim

Thanks Mij, do you always take weekends off? Are you currently taking weekends off? Also may I ask what was your starting regime? Many thanks

Mij

Anniekim, yes and no. I was not taking every weekend off because I forgot to stop but I put a sticker on my fridge to remind me so for now the answer is yes. I'm so used to taking supplements I don't remember whether I took them or stopped them anymore.

I started a thread on Inosine called "Inosine Reaction" in August in the Antiviral, Antibiiotic and Immune Modulator section of the forum. You can follow what I did and others have done to help make your decision. Alice on the thread is starting slowly with the "swish and spit" method to keep her reaction milder.

We all react differently and my advice would be to stop if you feel too many symptoms and restart later, even if it takes one month.

anniekim

Thanks Mij for your very helpful reply. Have checked out the thread you recommended, also very helpful, thank you

Seven7

Seven
I am on both now LND and Imunovir. The start was rough but now doing good. Lets see how it goes

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i looked into order immunovir from those guys but at the time didnt sell small amounts only much larger quantities. Will have to consider it??

Hugocfs

I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can take immunovir or inosine as well as taking LDN?

Also is inosine just a good as immunovir or would immunovir still be better if you could get hold of it?

Many thanks in advance
My doctor originally put me on inosine and famvir. She said that the inosine is just as good as the immunovir, just a lot cheaper. After being on inosine for 3 months, my nk cell number and function were both back in the normal range. Just recently she added ldn to my regimine. So it shouldn't be a problem to combine the two.