May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can you suggest improvements to MEAction's letter re:the PACE trial?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Countrygirl, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    I posted this elsewhere on PR, but, especially as the community is being asked on twitter to suggest improvements to the text, it probably deserves its own thread.

http://www.meaction.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MEAction–patient-view-of-the-PACE-Trial-Controversy.pdf

Edited to say that I have now read elsewhere that they us not to download the document as there will be changes. So, do read from the link as well to ensure you have the latest version.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Criticism: the way the trial has been designed and run doesn't allow one to exclude that all results are due to methodological weaknesses rather than a genuine treatment effect. The lack of improvement on measures that are less susceptible to bias, and the lack of differences in long term outcomes also suggest this.

Indeed, the author's behaviour is also consistent with this explanation. Robust results don't need to fear publication of data.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    MEMum, Countrygirl and worldbackwards like this.
  3. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    I replied with a few suggestions on Twitter.
    Not sure if there is somewhere they are specifically collecting feedback?

4. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Latest update tweeted today.

Countrygirl and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.