• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can you recommend a doctor in the Alabama gulf coast area?

farrellkitty

farrellkitty
if anyone can recommend a doctor who is interested in treating someone with CFS in the gulf coast area of Alabama USA , I would really appreciate your comments. I'm very discouraged with the ones I have seen so far. you all know how old and hurtful it is, not to be believed....I gave up...but , i really need someone to help me take care of myself.Suggestions very appreciated.Diagnosed at the Indiana University Medical Center many years ago....grew weary of doctors after moving to AL ....desperate for some health improvement...Thanks:confused:

Hi Farrellkitty,
I just found your post~ there are so many different options on this site I get very lost! I am from Alabama also; small town of Camden. I have a friend with CFIDS that lives in Mobile. She sees various doctors in Mobile; of course, just gets treated for some of the symptoms. I do understand your frustration. I have been sick since Feb 1989 and have had only a very few doctors that gave a damn. I will write you a personal message in case you aren't on here frequently.
I'm in bad, bad relapse right now.....it sucks!~