• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can You Please Explain My Results

jlynx

I found your parvovirus level. Mine is 2.0 but I am always in so much pain. 2 months on antivirals not helping with pain. Wondered about parvovirus causing pain.

Hi, I'm the same person from the other thread. I'm sorry to hear about your pain and hope you find relief soon. I do not personally suffer from pain, you could have something else causing that such as Fibromyalgia.

jlynx

Hey jlynx, how are you? havent heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Hi, I wish I could say I was doing better. I had a period of about a month in September where I was much better and I thought it was from a supplement I was taking. I became worse again even after continuing taking it so it may just have been a temporary effect.

I had an appointment with the nurse there instead of Dr. G and it went well. She has different opinions and does things a little differently and suffered from Lyme/ CFS herself so she has personal experience. She thinks my issues are from Lyme. She's testing me for more stuff and also wants me to stop the Valcyte soon, since I've been on it for so long. My viral levels did go down by almost half so that's good. I'm starting LDI shots (Low Dose Immunotherapy) every 7 weeks, and I just got my first one. It should target the Lyme if that's the cause, and indirectly the viruses. I should feel a difference within a week, either a little better or worse. A flare is still good because it means the therapy will work, just at a smaller dose. If I don't feel any different than I need a stronger dose. She herself was helped by the shots.

How are you doing?

hi jlynx,

I'm glad you're seeing Dr. G's nurse, I originally wanted to make an appointment with her back in 2014 but chose Dr. G instead. I stopped doing any treatment last March 2015 including antibiotics because I didn't want to be taking them long term. My Lyme symptoms have disappeared, don't know if they're cured but for now they are gone. I'm dealing with a labrum tear on my left shoulder (probably from volleyball or going to gym). Basically anything that requires overhead movement using my left shoulder or reaching behind my back is painful. Sleeping on the left side also hurts. Ortho doc said try physical therapy first and if it doesnt improve maybe surgery. I did PT last year and while it did help my range of motion I feel like I would have to go with surgery. I was told recovery is 4-6 months. I'm just trying to contemplate on whether to do it now and be inactive during the summer (w/c will be a bummer) or do it in the Fall and rehab in winter.:nervous:

jlynx

hi jlynx,

I'm glad you're seeing Dr. G's nurse, I originally wanted to make an appointment with her back in 2014 but chose Dr. G instead. I stopped doing any treatment last March 2015 including antibiotics because I didn't want to be taking them long term. My Lyme symptoms have disappeared, don't know if they're cured but for now they are gone. I'm dealing with a labrum tear on my left shoulder (probably from volleyball or going to gym). Basically anything that requires overhead movement using my left shoulder or reaching behind my back is painful. Sleeping on the left side also hurts. Ortho doc said try physical therapy first and if it doesnt improve maybe surgery. I did PT last year and while it did help my range of motion I feel like I would have to go with surgery. I was told recovery is 4-6 months. I'm just trying to contemplate on whether to do it now and be inactive during the summer (w/c will be a bummer) or do it in the Fall and rehab in winter.:nervous:

I'm glad I switched to her. Dr. G is good, but I like her better since she's trying a different approach. I'm glad to hear you haven't had anymore Lyme symptoms. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, that's not good that you need surgery. If it was me I would probably do it in the fall so I could enjoy the summer. :)

MAF14

hi jlynx,

A GHRP + CJC DAC combo a few times a day should heal you up much faster... I cant comment on what effect (if any) that might have on your other symptoms though.

MAF14

Hey it went well, thanks for asking. He prescribed LDN after I suggested it. It's compounded so I'll get it through the mail. I can't wait to try it. He also said to take more D-Ribose since that may help. And he added an adrenal support supplement. He said it's normal to feel the same in my case, but he gave me a timeline of 8-12 weeks I should feel a difference. I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow. He was more encouraging this time so that was nice. Oh, and he said I looked better. But he may just be saying that, cause I think I still look tired as hell lol.

He said I still don't need bloodwork till my next appt because my viral levels won't have changed yet. Hope you're well!

What was the D-Ribose dose reccomemnded?

@vergarm

I just saw this post (that was started over a year ago). My daughter was just diagnosed with a Lyme coinfection (B. microti) and the doc who diagnosed her suggested that we could see Dr. Heidi Wittels, if we didn't have anyone else lined up. Since it sounds like you've been a patient of hers for a while, I was wondering what your impression of her was. Although the treatment for Lyme is different for its coinfections, I do have some of the same concerns as those that patients with Lyme have. Some key ones are:

• Antibiotics can wreak havoc with the gut. If these are given for a long time, then one can be left with severe gut issues. Did Dr. Wittels prescribe such antibiotics? It looks as if you had gut issues as a result of the antibiotics.
  • Some docs treat the Lyme/coinfections, but they don't treat the whole body. So, they only focus on the Lyme and coinfections and people are still not well after treatment.
  • Some docs who focus on other medical issues besides Lyme/coinfections do so in the wrong order. For example, I've heard of a case where a doc noticed a patient had mercury, so he gave the patient a chelation treatment. Rather than feel better, the patient was worse because the patient also had leaky gut. So, instead of healing the gut first, the patient just reabsorbed the mercury. If the doc had healed the gut first, this would not have likely happened.
In your opinion, would Dr. Wittels be such a doc that would consider the above items when it comes to treatment?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Scotty81

Hi Scotty81,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on in a while. I'm not sure how old is your daughter but I would give Dr. Wittels's office a call to verify if they are taking kids as patients.
I only met Dr. Wittels once and didn't continue because I was already feeling better. Based on my first visit it looks like she knows what shes doing. She didn't prescribed antibiotics because I already stopped taking it and dont want to take it long term.
I believe she does prescribe a combination of antibiotics and herbal supplement. She gave me a supplement that will help heal my digestive issues which did helped me.
I think its is important that you explain to her if you decide to see her regarding you daughter's coinfections.

My recommendation would be that you discuss with her regarding your concerns and if you are not satisfied
with her treatment plan you can always cancel your appointments.

Hope this helps.
vergarm