1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can we collectively use our vote?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by cigana, May 15, 2014.

1. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Hi,
    Maybe it's the only thing we can do to help ourselvs. As Lipkin said politicians don't listen to scientists, they listen to people who might vote for them.
    So, can we create a website called something like "promisemyvote.com" in which people are able to record the fact that they would vote for a party if the party does something specific. In our case, that would be "allocate Xmillion $ to MECFS research" or whatever.
    If we think about how close the last US election was, surely the promise of 1million votes from PWC's would be enough to get them seriously thinking.

Do you think this could work?
    Antares in NYC and Firestormm like this.
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I think it's more promising to join the campaigns to get money out of politics. Then people like us would have a better chance of being heard instead of being lost under the banks and other high-money interest groups.

See more popular forum discussions.