1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can stem cell therapy be an option for our leaky gut,too?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by SaraM, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

This blogger had this therapy for Crohn's disease .

http://mypsct.blogspot.com/

My name is Patrick Dement, I'm 20 years old, and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2001. Since then, I've tried every usual treatment, as well as alternative treatments and diet changes, and they either didn't work, didn't help enough, or stopped working. I flew to Chicago in March to be evaluated for a Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant at Northwestern. Dr. Burt, the Immunologist and head doctor running the transplants, and Dr. Craig, their gastroenterologist, decided I was eligible and accepted me for the transplant. The transplant team submitted my case to my insurance company and, after 2 months, they approved the transplant. I will be admitted to the hospital on August 16th to start the transplant process. I made this blog so other patients can learn about this as a treatment option, and ask any questions which I will do my best to answer or get the answer to, and so friends and family can keep up with me. I wouldn't have learned about the stem cell transplant were it not for another patient's blog about it, so I feel obligated to do the same.
  2. Tito

Tito Senior Member

My question would be: considering the high number of active infections we have at any one time, how are we going to survive between the destruction of our 'old' immune system and the activation of the 'new' one?
  3. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

In my case I have not been diagnosed with any active infection yet. I am now waiting for Dr.Montoya's pathogen study results, but based on my family history I don't think they find any thing wrong with me pathogen wise.
  4. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

Thanks for posting this, SaraM, sounds very interesting.
  5. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Very interesting - thanks for posting SaraM.

See more popular forum discussions.