Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can someone in the USA get infectolab testing?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by mollyschambers, Dec 9, 2014.

1. mollyschambers

mollyschambers

If so how? Is it reliable? What does it detect exactly?

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, you can get it. You can email Infectolabs and they will tell you what to do. Basically you send them a blood sample using fast shipping. LLMD's seem to consider it one of the most reliable tests. Quite a few of us here have taken this test and posted their results.

This is from their website--perhaps someone else can explain it in plain English.

3. mollyschambers

mollyschambers

Thank you Sushi. Do you know exactly what all they test for exactly? I am assuming a blood sample needs to be done by a docs orders. Is it more reliable than igenex?

4. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I think you will need someone who knows more about science and lab testing to explain it more. All I know is that it tests with different methods than IgeneX. I have had both. Probably any type of licensed medical practitioner could order the blood draw. Most labs provide kits and I have had blood drawn for kits at hospital labs. Most don't charge for the draw or only charge a minimal fee. The main cost would be the shipping and the charges at Infectolab.

Sushi

5. mollyschambers

mollyschambers

Thank you so much Sushi

6. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Sushi did you get different results from igenex and infectolab?

7. Sushi

Albuquerque
    The two labs are testing different things. My Igenex results were equivocal--not really clear. Infectolab tested negative, but...I later found out that I have low lymphocytes which could affect the test results. If I were retested I would need to send double the amount of blood to compensate for the low lymphocytes. That is if I understand it correctly.

I did get a positive PRC for Bartonella though--at another lab.

Sushi

JAH likes this.
  8. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Yes you can but blood has to make it to germany in 2 days and k have not been able to find a shipper ghag xan will guarantee 2 day delivery. I wax told goig thru customs adds time, maybe days, so could not be sure sample would be viable. If someone has found a way to get samples to germany in 2 days.

9. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Infectolab has a representative in the US. A friend of mine arranged it though this person. Infectolab should be able to put you in contact with them.

Sushi

Valentijn likes this.
  10. Helen

Helen Senior Member

You might also get advice from what Dr.Horowitz tells in this interview about testing. I had tests from Infectolabs who were negative and now I am also tested by Redlabs (together with immune tests) and waiting for an assessment. @Sushi, do you know if Infectolabs tests also for Lyme bacterias that are present only in US, not in Europe?

11. Sushi

Albuquerque
    They don't check for the bacteria directly (if I understand it) but rather the immune response. I think this would work for any species of Borrelia--but I am no expert here!

Sushi

Helen likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.