• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can someone help me guess what is causing these weird stools and parasite looking things? (w/ pics)

Hi guys, I have some GI issues and/or systemic infections as well [bartonella/lyme/protozoans?]

Anyways my stools are always broken apart into weird shaped chunks that sink immediately. I havent had a normal formed log-shaped stool in 2 years. I also sometimes get weird swishing sensations under my left ribcage like a worm or something squirming around. I took a pic of my stool/bowel movement for reference and posted it here.

The second pic is a weird parasite looking thingy that is often in the toilet after a bowel movement- can anyone identify that?

Any thoughts as to what can be causing what's in these 2 pictures? Thanks!

Attachments

• BUG1.jpg
    BUG1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 41
  • STOOLS1.jpg
    STOOLS1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 40

Christopher

I've been getting similar results lately....The thing that helps the most is getting to a beach or someplace with really good air quality, then my BM's look healthy.

Justin30

I agree with think tank looks like mucous.

Do you have POTS, Dysmotility or IBS?

This can all play into shape and consistency of your stool.