The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can someone give me a rundown?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Bdeep86, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86 Senior Member

Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone can give me an idea of what really is out there for research/advocacy for CFS. Is any group aggressively pushing this forward? The deeper I get into research. Which is quite substantial at this point after eight years. I'm really starting to realize that we need more powerful minds in our corner. I have come across a couple people who research in the past month and the levels they have taken me to I didn't think would ever be reached.

*GG* likes this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

I think we like to think that quite a few outfits are pushing forward. There are individual charities, government research councils, individual research groups and multinational consortia all pushing as hard as they can. Powerful minds are being attracted from other fields - in imaging, infectious disease, immunology, physiology. What is most desperately needed is some sort of consistent lead to follow that can be replicated in labs all over the world and analysed in detail.

3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

MEpedia has a decent listing of both research and advocacy groups.

barbc56 likes this.
  4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I just saw this headline again, and thought it "rubdown" instead of rundown, and I was like, I could really use a rubdown!

GG

Marky90 and Invisible Woman like this.
  5. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    lol ... I'm pretty sure there are sites where you can ask for that, too

Marky90, Invisible Woman and halcyon like this.
  6. Bdeep86

Bdeep86 Senior Member

@halcyon thank you I will look this over and look into some of these groups.

See more popular forum discussions.