• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can someone give me a rundown?

Bdeep86

Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone can give me an idea of what really is out there for research/advocacy for CFS. Is any group aggressively pushing this forward? The deeper I get into research. Which is quite substantial at this point after eight years. I'm really starting to realize that we need more powerful minds in our corner. I have come across a couple people who research in the past month and the levels they have taken me to I didn't think would ever be reached.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone can give me an idea of what really is out there for research/advocacy for CFS. Is any group aggressively pushing this forward? The deeper I get into research. Which is quite substantial at this point after eight years. I'm really starting to realize that we need more powerful minds in our corner. I have come across a couple people who research in the past month and the levels they have taken me to I didn't think would ever be reached.

I think we like to think that quite a few outfits are pushing forward. There are individual charities, government research councils, individual research groups and multinational consortia all pushing as hard as they can. Powerful minds are being attracted from other fields - in imaging, infectious disease, immunology, physiology. What is most desperately needed is some sort of consistent lead to follow that can be replicated in labs all over the world and analysed in detail.