1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can recovery of peripheral muscle function predict cognitive task performance in CFS +/or minus FMS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

From the conclusions:
    They spend quite a lot of the paper talking about this at various times.

However, if they wanted to test physical health status, I think they should have used a different measure e.g. results of an exercise test.

What they tested was recovery from an exercise test, something which has found to be impaired in CFS.

The study itself found:
    which would suggest that the correlation is unusual.

which suggests the results can't simply be explained by sedentary lifestyle and the like.

They only briefly mention the other interpretation of the data:
    i.e. that whatever causes the severity of the illness/disease could explain the correlation.
    One would think this possibility would be highlighted more when analysing the data from a study on particular conditions.
    Simon, Valentijn, Kati and 3 others like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I forgot to say they used the 2010 Fibromyalgia criteria:

These criteria don't require the tender point assessment and are broader. A higher percentage of CFS patients would satisfy these FMS criteria than the Wolfe et al. (1990) FMS criteria that require 11 of 18 tender points, etc.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.