• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can only sleep at 7 am

sharks

I was trying benedryl for a while and that's touch and go. I also tried 5-htp. That makes my mind tired, but not my body. I also started eating every two hours during the day. I've heard that can help maintain blood sugar and help with cortisol spikes. My heart rate has gone down.

I still have the weird thing where I don't ease into sleep, but rather my mind is tired and my body is awake. Unless it's 7 am and then my body starts to want to sleep on its own.

Some times I wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heart, and sweating and I can't get back to sleep.

The more I sleep the more I feel my body working normally again. Every night I don't I feel like I have backtracked in my progress.

I am currently on famvir and that is not really known to cause insomnia.

This is worse the closer I get to my period. (So this is defiantly hormone related)

Any suggestions on hormone related sleep problems?

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
No suggestions on hormones but lately i have discovered acetyl carntine has improved my sleep including slowing down my crazy body clock. So far i'm on 500mg but gonna try doubling it to see if it helps further.