1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

can neuro do anything to help that pcp/pain cant?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by hurtingallthetimet, Sep 14, 2012.

1. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

just worn out in every way...soemoene told hubby neurologist may help and ive seen one and was dianosed migranes...but pain doctor is great and prescribes migrane medicine so dont have to go to alot of doctors...

my short term memory horrible but long term really good....so just wondering what he might be able do for me....i dont have moeny to see a bunch of doctors or the energy...
    thanks
  2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    If you were to go to a neurologist that specialized in sleep disorders they are very quick to order sleep studies to be done, which for almost all PWC is very abnormal. Sleep studies are not cheap though!!
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    My own experience of neurologists, has been other then getting some tests done which did show up ME/CFS findings, they werent helpful.
    ggingues likes this.
  5. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Depends what you're going to one for. I'm going to one and he is doing tests that aren't in the realm of what my other doctors would order so it's useful to me in that sense. If you want to be seen for cognitive issues (since you brought up memory) then maybe a neuropscyh person?
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  6. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Over the past 16 years I've seen approx. 6 different neurologists for different symptoms........they really did not help me in any way...sorry to say.
    ggingues likes this.
  7. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I only saw one neurologist, hoping to get my neurally mediated hypotension diagnosed. He was a complete jerk and wouldn't even examine me. I think neurologists that were looking for a life of glory are still peeved at getting stuck dealing with MS, and are taking it out on the new disease featuring "unexplained symptoms".
  8. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

thnaks for replies...i dont like going to alot of doctors wears me out in so ,many ways...really like psych cause he doesnt make me go often he understands the phobias and stuff..really like regular doctor but last few times shes spent 4 to 8 mintues with me and last time really upset me had to leave qustions with nurse but at least they called back gonna start thread to ask about that stuff...so tired...hubby at least was able to poick up kid today and asked i just ride to keep him company...life is wearing me out!

See more popular forum discussions.